Friday, April 8, 2016

How Does Your Garden Grow?

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I am still in FULL SPRING MODE!  Recent rains have softened the ground and it is time to get my garden beds cleaned up and ready for planting.  My thoughts are also turning towards Mother's Day and what will I do for my mom this year.....


With these thoughts going through my mind, I decided to create some graphic garden stakes.


To create this project, you will need:

Chipboard Sheets (I am using recycled packaging materials - a good source is the back board for notepads)
Paint Stir Sticks (free from any paint store or the paint department at Home Depot / Lowes)
Kraft Cardstock
Ink

-Cut Chipboard Sheets to 5" x 3"
-Cut Kraft Cardstock to 5" x 3"
-Adhere Cardstock to Chipboard with a matte medium (like Mod Podge)
-Ink edges and set aside





While you could use your die cutting machine to create the vegetable shapes, I find hand cutting gives a much more charming look to these garden stakes.  Simply Google "vegetable coloring pages" and print off great graphic images.

-Using your coloring page shapes as a guide, cut out your vegetable shapes from the striped cardstocks and ink edges.


All stems were cut from the Green Butterflies cardstock.

-Glue your shapes to cardstock covered chipboard
-Coat entire piece with matte medium
-Add clear Dew Drops as highlights
-Add Green ribbon to stems as desired
-Glue your finished art to paint stir stick

I will be filling a basket with my Garden Stakes, some seeds, new gardening gloves and some other gardening goodies for my mom with the green thumb!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

8 comments:

LisaM said...

These are so cute! I too, am itching to get in the garden, but it just snowed yesterday. I don't think spring is ever going to get here.

Colleen said...

Cute idea.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These are so fun!! Great job!

Karen said...

great project!

Lyneen J said...

What a great idea for a gift basket!!! I never can remember where I plant anything!

Carole Wright said...

Adorable, fun idea x

Monia Fiocchi said...

Oh my... so funny project!!!

Terri Koszler said...

a really fun project

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...