Thursday, April 14, 2016

Did somebody say cake?



Hi crafty friends, Terri here today with a very special project to share with you.  If you've seen my other DT projects you will know that I love to upcycle items, one of my other loves is Cake so what better way to combine the two than by making a calorie free bookfolded wedding cake! 



For my cake I used the following items;

3 paperback books
some satin ribbon
Valentine Hearts Card
Valentine Stripe Card
Dew Dew Glue
Raindrops Dew Drops


 I started by removing the covers and cutting 3 paperback books (approx 350 pages) in half


I then marked the books top edges with pencil to guide where to fold the pages


I then folded the pages of each book using the mark, it's important to keep the folds as tidy as possible, I make sure the bottom of each fold is level with the rest of the book


for the top layer of my cake I only needed to fold 1 half of a cut book, this is because the fold for this layer leaves half pages which doubles the bulk of the book and it curves itself into the shape below


For the bottom 2 layers you need use both halves of the book and glue them together using hot glue



This is how they look once glued


Next I stacked and glued each layer, added some ribbon and placed onto a cake stand


Using the Valentine cardstock I die cut "lots" of rolled roses, rolled them up and glued them together



I then hot glued some of the roses onto each tier of the cake


I added a dome of rose to the very top tier


I gave the cake stand a little extra love with some clear dew drops


and here it is in all it's glory.


Thank you for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you think of my project. Have a super weekend x











10 comments:

Carole Wright said...

wow Terri this is stunning x

LisaM said...

Wow! Love this!

Colleen said...

This is beautiful, well done.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very pretty cake! I love it :)

Monia Fiocchi said...

amazing idea!!!! wowwww

Life in colors said...

Fabulous project !

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Wow, this is great! Thank you for the tutorial :)

Karen said...

Clever idea...very inspiring!

Tonya said...

So gorgeous! Wonderfully done!

Bev Code said...

OMG amazing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...