Saturday, March 12, 2016

You are my happy

Hello crafty friends, Giorgia here.
Today I have for you another layout about my wedding day: I used The Robin's Nest  amazing products to create a clean and simple page.


This is how I made my layout and some close up.

As first step I always gather all the possible supplies I will need: I decide the picture and then search coordinating papers, embellishments, stickers and so on and put them all together. It helps me a lot on developing my layout.

As background for this layout I used "Almost Black" glitter cardstock. It is out of stock by now, but it will come back very soon - in the mean time you can see all the other amazing colors here. I love this glittered cardstock, they have those little cute spot of sparkles on them!

To layer my picture, I decided to use cut outs from "Wedding Cut-outs" cardstock: I created strips, banners and tags and distress all of them with scissors blade to create texture. 
I fussy cut the "you are my happy" one and used it as title. 


I tried several arrangement composition to find the one that satisfied me: you place everything on the background without glueing and make some attempt until you find the BINGO arrangement!


This is the arrangement that satisfied me most, so I glued all down. I also added a glittered heart die-cut from "Rusty Rose straw" package:


Here you can see my distressed layers: I love the vintage and grungy feeling that distress makes to paper: it adds so much texture to the page!


I added dew drops: you know how much I love them! They always add an extra touch to each project! You can choose from so many colors and they also come in teardrops and diamond shapes, take a look!



Finally I added some stickers:



Product used
The Robin’s Nest: "Robin's Egg" glitter cardstock"Silver Roses" glitter cardstock"Wedding Cut-outs" cardstock, "Rusty Rose" straw, "Almost Black" glitter cardstock (currently not in store but it will come back very soon), "Black, White, Silver" dew dropsDew Dew glue

Other: puffy stickers, cardstock sticker


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you liked my project.
Remember to take a look at the shop to see all the amazing Robin's Nest products.
Ciao,






8 comments:

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

I love this layout -- I love the small picture, the sayings, the design! So pretty!

LisaM said...

Such a sweet page!

Monia Fiocchi said...

I lve your Layout!!! stunning!!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute!! I love your cluster!

Marina Gridasova said...

very cute!

Karen said...

Distressed edges add a great texture to the page.

Terri Koszler said...

Lovely layout

Life in colors said...

So wonderful, love the touch of red in it !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...