Saturday, March 26, 2016

Yabba Dabba Doo!

Hello crafty friends, Giorgia here.
Let me wish you a Happy Easter!
Today I have for you a layout with colors inspired by nature: a lot of green and brown - always a color palette that I love!
Me and my husband love to travel, and during our first trip to US we discovered this funny Flinstones themed park, where I took silly pictures. 
I used The Robin's Nest papers, cardsrubonsdie-cutsdew drops and archival seeds... I love all these products! 

This is how I made my layout and some close up.

As first step I always gather all the possible supplies I will need: I decide the picture and then search coordinating papers, embellishments, stickers and so on and put them all together. It is a great way to wake up the creative flow!


As background for this layout I chose Kiwi Sorbet glitter cardstock. I hand tier a piece of Sour Apple Glitter Cardstock and glued it on the top: apply glue only on the top of it because we will add another layer under this one. 


I created another layer hand tiering a piece of Wrap glitter cardstock and applying it this way:


I mat picture with a piece of Dinosaur cardstock (reverse):


I glued the picture (always remember to apply glue only in the centre, to have the possibility of adding layers later!). I added a doily from Saffron Bike die cuts on the bottom right angle of the picture:



 I cut cards from Leafy Green cards and adhere them this way, then I added another doily from Saffron Bike die cuts in the top left corner of the picture:


I decided to add rubons from Belgian Chocolate Boy rubon in the centre of the doily - you can make this prior to glue them under the picture, it would be much easier!


I stapled a tab from Leafy Green mini die cuts and I added a sticker:


Final touch: my beloved dew drops! You know how much I LOVE them, they always add an extra touch to each project! They come also in teardropsdiamond,butterfly and heart shapes... take a look!
I also added Pistachio archival seeds and tiny little stickers for the title:




Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you liked my project.
Remember to take a look at the shop to see all the amazing Robin's Nest products.
Ciao,

7 comments:

LisaM said...

Great mix of colors on this fun page, Giorgia!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great picture! I love your cluster and colors too!

Monia Fiocchi said...

Lovely layout!!!

Karen said...

Great combo of products & colors!

Terri Koszler said...

A lovely sunny layout x

Marina Gridasova said...

very pretty layout!

Life in colors said...

Such a fun page ! Love the paper tearing !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...