Friday, March 25, 2016

Quick & Easy Cake Stand

Welcome & Happy Easter!  Yes, Easter is Sunday - - are your ready? Me - not so much!

I always like to set my holiday tables with lots of varying heights - - I realized that I needed "something" for my Easter table.  Inspired by Spring colors and Easter Bunnies - I created this super quick and easy cake stand for my table.


Let's get hoppin' (see what I did there?)

Supplies:

Bunny Cardstock (2 pieces, you will use both sides)
Ribbon and / or Lace (I chose an eyelet trim from my stash!)
Smoothfoam 4x4 Cube
Smoothfoam 10" x 1" Disc

Tools:

Pencil
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Ink 

  • Trace Smoothfoam Disc onto Bunny Cardstock and cut out circle
  • Cut (4) 4 x 4 Squares from Bunny Cardstock
  • Cut (3) 1 x 12 strips from Bunny Cardstock (one strip will need to be trimmed)
  • Using a hot glue gun, attach paper to top of disc
  • IF needed, using VERY fine sandpaper, distress tool or emery board, LIGHTLY sand edges of paper until even with disk (no need for perfection - we will be inking!)
  • Repeat these steps for applying strips to outside edge of disc (trimming the lengths as needed) and and cube
  • Once all paper has been applied and sanded, use ink or paint to go over all edges(or some - I chose to only ink the top edge of disc).
  • Again using your hot glue gun, apply trim along bottom edge of disc
  • Using a clear drying glue, apply dew drops to top edge of lace.  I am using a completely random mix of Original Dew Drops, Mini Dew Drops, Diamonds and Tear Drops - giving my project a very whimsical vibe.
*designer tip:  Toss all of your different dew drops into one container - it is so liberating and you will use color and shape combos you never thought of before!
  •  Hot glue finished disc to top of cube




 And that's all there is to it!  It would be so easy to take this project in a formal direction using some of the other beautiful papers from the Robin's Nest -- I hope you are inspired to dress up your Easter table!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!


10 comments:

Giorgia Rossini said...

great project! love it

LisaM said...

Cute Easter cake stand and it would make a cute centerpiece for your table.

Colleen said...

Very cute

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great idea!! It will be perfect for your cupcakes! Great instructions too!

Karen said...

great table decoration! thanks!

JAVAGIRL said...

You r so clever

JAVAGIRL said...

You r so clever

Lyneen J said...

Awesome idea!! Great for Easter desert!!

Terri Koszler said...

Fantastic idea :)

Marina Gridasova said...

so yummy project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...