Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hippity Hoppity Lamp

Good morning Crafting friends Terri here today to share my most recent project.  I have made a super cute lamp perfect for a little girls bedroom or Nursery. I was inspired by the lovely Easter themed papers below and some tired items I had at home.




Items used;




I used 3 pieces of cardstock


An old Lamp


and some wooden blocks that had seen better days......



So here's how I created my lovely little lamp;

I started by sanding 3 of the wooden blocks until they were nice and clean and even, then I marked the center of the block using a ruler and pen



I then drilled right through each block so that they could slide onto the pole of my lamp


Next I used the cardstock to cover the block making sure to alternate patterns for best impact. I stuck the card on using Hi Tack adhesive, when dry I trimmed them back and inked the edges with a coordinating ink.  As I covered the top and bottom with card too I need to locate the drilled holes, I did this by rubbing my fingers over the surface to find the hole and then used a craft knife to open the hole and pushed a pen through.   


I painted the base of the lamp stand in a pink acrylic paint and once dry put the blocks on the pole


I added Dew drops using Dew Dew Glue to create a flowers and embellish the base, it gives an extra cute look


I brought a new lampshade that was less battered and added some pink ribbon along each corner, gluing in place with hot glue


Once dry I put the lamp back together and added the shade, I think you'll agree that it's so much cuter now.


Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope to share more fun projects with you soon.









10 comments:

Monia Fiocchi said...

wow great use of the paper!!!

Carole Wright said...

Hi this is adorable x

Karen said...

What a fun way to recycle things you already have. I love frugal crafting. So cute!

Colleen said...

So adorable and what a great way to turn something old to something new and beautiful.

LisaM said...

Super cute lamp!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very fun!!! Great job!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

So adorable! I have that same original lamp - I feel a project coming on!

Life in colors said...

Such a unique idea ! Thanks for sharing this lovely project !

Marina Gridasova said...

just awesome!

Giorgia Rossini said...

Great recycling! Stunning project

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...