Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Easter

Colleen here to share an Easter card with you.  If you have never made an easel card they are very easy and I hope you give it a try.




I started with Daisy Stripe Teal paper and cut the paper to 4 1/4" x 8 /12" and then you need to score at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8".  This is what it will look like once you have scored your paper.


Now we get to do the fun part and start adding all the good stuff.  First I used Blue Raspberry paper cut to 4 1/4"x4 1/4" and glued that down to the base.


Now you want to fold over the first score and add tape and tape your main piece of paper which is cut to 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" on that fold. This is what it will look like when you have it on.  I also inked all my edges of the card.  I used Bunny Stripe cardstock for the first layer.


I chose to layer my card but this is entirely up to you.  You could stop with just one layer and use a beautiful piece of paper or continue layering as I did. This is what mine looks like with the 2nd piece of paper added; this is the pink glitter cardstock and cut it 3 7/8" x 4".


Now I decided I wanted one more later and that is made using Bunny Stripe paper cut to 3 3/4" x  
3 3/4".

Now to make it stand up once the receiver gets the card.  I used the Pink Glitter cardstock that I cut with decorative shears and added that along the bottom. 

 I used a punch and cut out the blue trim and put it between the 2nd and 3rd layers of the card.


I used my sizzix egg die to cut out 6 small eggs, embossed them, inked them and used them to make the flower.  I also used a die to cut out the bird and foliage behind the flower.  I used one of Easter Dew Drops for the center of the flower. 






 I cut out the words Easter and eggs from an Easter Glitter words cardstock.


This is what the card looks like flat so you can mail it.




Thank you so much for following along and I hope you will give this a try.  Please check out some of my other work on my blog: Scrappin Granny.  Have a very Happy Easter.


5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Beautiful card! And easy instructions! Great job Colleen!

Karen said...

Cute card!

LisaM said...

Super cute easel card, Colleen!

Lyneen J said...

Beautiful Easter card... love the combination of colors, papers and chipboard!!

Terri Koszler said...

Lovely card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...