Thursday, February 18, 2016

Treasure Chest

Hi, Terri here with today's blog post. I like many Mums get lots of little treasures from my children and need somewhere safe to store them. I had some small draws hanging around in my craft room and knew that using Robins Nest product I could make them look pretty.



To create my drawers I used the following Robins Nest items;

Classified Mini Dew Drops
Rosy Chevron Cardstock
Smoky Chevron Cardstock
Dew Dew Glue

Here's how I made them;


As the drawers had been in my craft room for a while it's no surprise that they were an abandoned project hence the partial pain job and the draw knobs having been taken off.






I started by cutting pieces of card to cover the draw fronts, I chose the Smoky chevron and Rosy chevron cardstock.



I also cut card to cover the frame of the drawers and applied them using a hi tack glue.




 I then used a sponge to apply pink ink to the edges of the drawers, this gives more impact and interest.




Next  I used an alcohol marker to colour the frame's edges pink.




I mixed some pink and white acrylic paint to achieve the right colour and painted the drawer knobs.




On the two biggest drawers I added some faux stitching with a pink pen.




I then placed groups of 3 pearl dew drops in the top and bottom corners of the big drawers using Dew Dew glue to fix them in place.


I am so happy with how they turned out.  Thanks for stopping by.




8 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! I love this!

Giorgia Rossini said...

This is so cute! I love it, great project Terri

Karen said...

Love the color combo! i'm inspired!

LisaM said...

Love your little keepsake holder Terri!

Colleen said...

Such a wonderful color and just a special holder.

Carole Wright said...

Hi this is gorjuss x

Life in colors said...

Awww, that is soooo super cute, it will be looking very great in your scrapping room.

Marina Gridasova said...

so cool project! love it! )))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...