Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Saffron Sunrise used to create a Hockey page



Hi.. Bev here today.. I am always super excited to share with you. Robin's Nest has many collections of paper and some are great all dressed up and fancy but also can be used for sports pages. Today I am using Saffronn Sunrise Collection to create a hockey page. It was the perfect colours for my Grand Sons Hockey page. I used Swirlydos sketch below to inspire the page above. .. I used the vertical and horizontal dot lines to inspire the heavy cricut cut borders to accent the hockey theme.

Supply List:
Robin's Nest Products
Other: brads, paint, cricut cut files
Sketch: Swirlydos


I have been experimenting with mixed media on backgrounds to start with.  Using a few layers of patterned paper with a solid black mat I started the base background. I didn't have as many photos to cluster so made a background base instead.


Using my splatter technique I add 3 shades of paint to the area... black, grey and white. I then used a thin layer of modeling paste and smeared it cross corner on outer edges for more texturing look. Notice it grabbed and smeared some of the paint with it.


How using some cricut cut file borders I followed the vertical and horizontal lines from the sketch. I  was then ready to add my photos.


I only had one group photo and found a slightly blurred photo that cropped into a circle made a great action shot photo matted accent. Using sparkle die cut shapes I cricut cut the #10 and glued it on.


There are only so many great masculine type accents.. but brads are awesome most of the time.


I cricut cut the title, puck and skate. There created a great title cluster for my page.
This rustic background gave me the grungy look for a sports page.. but the colours in the paper were like the uniforms .. I am totally happy with the way this one turned out.



Thanks for popping in today.. look forward to seeing you later this month for another fabulous Robin's Nest project.

11 comments:

Marina Gridasova said...

beautiful layout!

Carole Wright said...

HI Bev this is fabulous, I love that Saffron Paper x

LisaM said...

Fabulous sports page Bev!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very well done!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love your colors! Great hockey layout!

Astrid de Beer-Logtenberg said...

I absolute love love love this page !! Love the ink splatters, cool boy page !

Karen said...

Great affect with the paint and splatters to
give it the "icy" feel.

Colleen LoVette said...

Bev what a great page, love the way you did the photos.

Terri Koszler said...

Fantastic Bev x

Joanna Solecka said...

great project and step by step!!! I miss ice skating!!!

Lyneen J said...

Great layout... perfect for the sport pictures ...lots of movement!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...