Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Pink and Frilly Valentine

Hi everyone! It's me, Tonya and I am back as a guest designer today for the Robin's Nest! I want to share a project I created for a Valentine's Day card swap I am in on Instagram. The thing is my swap partner doesn't know (I hope) that this little gift box will be traveling with the card I created for her. :-)


I started with this little box that my hubby received a knife in. I loved how it is covered in a very nice black linen type of cardstock.


I started by cutting a piece of Rosy Stripe Cardstock to fit the lid of the box. I also inked the edges of the cardstock with a hot pink ink. I folded a 4" doily in half and kinda gathered it to create a ruffle and adhered it off center on the lid. 


Here is a hint add just a little glue to the folded edge of the doily. This way you can add tulle, Rosy Ribbon, pearl sprays, thread, lace, etc. under the doily.


I added glue to the center of a cardstock doily that I had received from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts on top of the doily along with an image of a little girl I found on the internet. I printed and fussy cut her out. I created flowers and leaves with diecuts and punches from the following cardstocks: Valentine StripeMoss Green Glitter CardstockSummer Pink Glitter Cardstock, and Vanilla Fluer Glitter Cardstock. I shaped the flowers with a stylus and added buttons, sequin and Dew Drops.


The gold heart is punched from Gold Glitter Chipboard which I added a sentiment and pearlized pins from my stash. The inside of the box I lined with Summer Pink Glitter Cardstock...which I embossed and I also used Rosy Stripe Cardstock.



It is hard to see in this photo but I also used two of the pink Hearts Dew Drops above the cream colors flower. I think the box tuned out perfect which I hope my swap partner thinks so too. If you have any questions about this project please let me know.  


Robin's Nest Supplies: Rosy Stripe CardstockRosy RibbonValentine Stripe CardstockSummer Pink Glitter CardstockHearts Dew DropsGold Glitter ChipboardDew DropsVanilla Fluer Glitter CardstockMoss Green Glitter Cardstock
Other Supplies: Cardstock Doily, 4 inch Doily, Thread, Pearl Spray, Buttons, Pearlized Pins,  Digital Image of a girl, Tulle, Lace, Sequins

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love all the details & textures. so cute!

Marina Gridasova said...

wonderful creation!

LisaM said...

Your box is gorgeous Tonya! Love the colors and so much texture.

Colleen said...

Just adorable.

Carole Wright said...

wow this is stunning x

Bev Code said...

OMG stunning.. love the colour combo

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute cute box! Your details are fabulous! Your swap partner is going to love it!

Astrid de Beer-Logtenberg said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous ! Absolutely stunning !

Lyneen J said...

LOVELY BOX... great embellishing!!! Your partner will love it I am sure!!! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...