Friday, February 12, 2016

Love you Card

Colleen here with a Valentine's card and a fun new shape card for you to try.


I started with Valentine Heart paper.  This paper is double sided so it is great for this card.





Here is a pattern you could print off and then make 2 of them taped together and then cut out your card.


This is what it looks like cut out, isn't the back side of that paper just beautiful.  Now you get to decorate and that is where the fun begins.  I have to tell you the bulkier you make the inside the harder it will become to close it.



This is the beginning of how you start to close the card and use your bone folder to crease each fold good.


Now it is all folded except for the very top one.


I start with Glitter Word Titles and then cut them apart.  I backed them with back cardstock to make them pop on the card.  I did this with each of the words I cut out.


I had two of these roses so I cut them out and used a pop dot to make it stand out.  I then used one of my dies and made 3 doilies and put them under the rose.  I used the back side of the Bunny Striped Cardstock to cut out the 3 doilies.





I used Cotton Candy Dew Drops to go around one of the panels.  I used one of my dies to cut out the flower and backed it with black cardstock.





 I used Hearts Dew Drops in the bottom square in the center of the pink heart.  I set the two hearts on top of the pink doily which comes in the Rosy Bike Chipboard package.  I used a Martha Stewart punch and worked it wound the edge.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the tree and then I punched the hearts from the left over paper of the Valentine Heart paper and glued them on the tree, added some stickles to make them sparkly.



Lastly because I add some bulky items and the card wouldn't stay closed I used Aristocratic Ribbon and made a band to go around the card and used the more of the left over paper and a sizzix die to cut out the hearts and used pop dots to make them stand out.




I hope you give this a try and if you do please let me know on my blog by telling me and providing a link so I can see your card.

10 comments:

Carole Wright said...

HI this is fabulous x

Karen said...

Very fun & interactive card

LisaM said...

Such a fun and beautifully shaped card, Colleen!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So so cool Colleen!! I love all of the different sections and embellishments in each one too!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

This card is simply amazing!

Terri Koszler said...

Totally Amazing x

Marina Gridasova said...

so amazing card!

Lyneen J said...

AWESOME!!!! LOVE shaped cards!!!

Bev Code said...

amazing shape, design and perfect colour combo

Astrid de Beer-Logtenberg said...

What a great idea, great valentine idea !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...