Friday, January 8, 2016

You Make Me Happy

Colleen here with a card that will make the receiver know how special I think they are.


I started with the gorgeous Fleur Honeycomb paper and did something I don't usually do I centered my card on top of the writing as that is what I wanted to show.  I used some that I cut off along with a punch to create the border at the top.  I backed the punched out area with Blue Crackle cardstock and then created the very top with the punch as well.  I used Martha Stewart punch to create the butterflies out of the Blue Crackle paper.  I added some silver dew drops to the bigger butterfly.  I used one of the little cards that come with the Saffron Cards and backed the card with the Blue Crackle paper as well as used a left over piece from the punch along the bottom.  I finished off the top with some gray ribbon folded in half.  I used the gray doily that I cut in half to put behind the card.

LESSON LEARNED: I hope you don't ever make the mistake I made.  I got this card all done and then discovered I made it backwards to that it opens up the wrong way.  I cut the card in half and put in onto a new card face, so I was able to save it but think of the time I would have saved if I had checked before I had it all done.  

9 comments:

Terri Koszler said...

Such lovely colours Colleen, i love orange and Navy together. I have made the back to front card a few times myself and rectified it the same way as you. x

LisaM said...

Love the color combo Colleen. Beautiful card!

Caroleanne Wright said...

Fabulous, I think we have done that with a card at some stage!! x

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute card! Your colors are wonderful! I want you to know I have made more cards than I want to admit backwards :)))

Marina Gridasova said...

so petty card! and love this colour combo, beautiful!

Reel Girl said...

This card is just gorgeous! The color combo, everything!

Giorgia Rossini said...

love the color combo, great card!

Astrid de Beer-Logtenberg said...

Pretty card, great design !

Bev Code said...

love the rich colouring

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...