Friday, January 22, 2016

Happy Birthday

Colleen here with a very fun card to make.


I started out with Discovery Girl Glitter cardstock, which is double sided.  I started with a 5 ½ x 12” piece of cardstock and then scored it at 2”, 4”, 8” and 10”.



Next turn the cardstock a ¼ turn.  Along the long edge, measure in 1 ½”
Make a slit with a craft knife between score mark at 2” and 10” and repeat this on the other long side.

I used the back side of Discovery Girl Glitter cardstock and cut out  the pieces to put on top. Remember this is your card so you add pieces where ever and as much as you want.  This is what mine looked like.



Now comes the fun part, you decorate your card in any manner you want.  I also learned that you can fold this card in many different ways so first decide how you want to fold it and then start adding your embellishments.  Before you stick your embellishments down make sure you can still open and close your card.



I used some of my dies and the Discovery Girl Glitter cardstock to make the flowers and hat.  I used Daughter Dew Drops in the center of the flowers, except for the biggest flower I used a pearl.  I used a sizzix die to cut out the Happy Birthday phrase as well using leftover piece of the cardstock.  I used Fashion Cameos by Gina's Designs and inked them with black ink, I also used one of the oval pieces that come with the Fashion Cameos and inked it brown and put the biggest flower on it.  To finish the inside I used one of the Rosy Cards  in the center.

This is what my card looks like when folded.

Just the right side to mail.   I hope you give this card a try, remember it is your card and you can alter the size to fit what you want to create (larger or bigger).



13 comments:

LisaM said...

Beautiful card Colleen!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! I love it! It will be a great gift!

Tonya said...

As always gorgeous Colleen!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Adorable!!!

Marina Gridasova said...

so pretty card, love it! )))

Terri Koszler said...

Such a lovely card

Carole Wright said...

Hi fab card love that its really different. x

Giorgia Rossini said...

Thanks for the tutorial for this great card

Astrid de Beer-Logtenberg said...

Such a great card, love the design !

Joanna Solecka said...

beautiful card, you spend lots of time preparing it !!!

Lyneen J said...

Stunning Card!!! Love al the details!

Karen said...

Such a pretty card, great colors, thanks for sharing it!

Bev Code said...

beautiful card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...