Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cherished Moments


Hi fellow crafters Terri here today with a new crafty project. The inspiration for this make came about as I wanted to use up some items that have been hanging around in my craft room for a while and put them to good use.  I decided to make a magnetic memory board so I could display some photos and as soon as I saw the beautiful Glittered crown card stock I knew that was what I wanted to use.





First of all I took my picture frame apart, setting the glass aside somewhere safe so as not to break it.

 

Next I painted my frame with a baby pink acrylic paint, it's not a perfect job as I wanted a shabby chick look.


 

I wanted to make my memo board magnetic so glued some magnetic paper from my craft stash onto the back board of the picture frame, I then glued a piece of the Glittered crown card on top of that.


Once everything was dry I put the frame back together minus the glass


I cut some circles from the Rosy Diamond Cardstock and drew a swirl on them, I then cut along the swirl as shown in the picture below


I rolled the swirl up to make little rolled roses and glued them in place.


Next I cut a Banner from the Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock, I chose to use the reverse side to give some contrast, I then added some of the sentiment stickers from the Rose Card Kit


To decorate my magnet pegs I drew around the heart onto the Rosy dotty cardstock and cut it out, I then glued it on to the peg, filed the rough edges using a nail file and added some ink from a alcohol marker to highlight the edge.


Next i stuck some little metal discs on the back (you could add a penny) 


I added the banner and roses in opposite corners using tacky glue


I thought the pegs could do with a little more embellishment to punched some little flowers from scarps of paper and placed a  pearl dew drop in the center


Once dry I placed the pegs on the board and added some dew drops from the following collections; Fresh Mowed Grass,  Daughter Mini Dew DropsMens Dew Drops



Materials used;

Thank you for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to see another project from one of my fellow Design team friends, Terri


8 comments:

Marina Gridasova said...

so wonderful project Terri!

Astrid de Beer-Logtenberg said...

What a great idea making a magnetic board, beautiful photo's !

LisaM said...

Such a fun project!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cool! The colors are awesome together!

Carole Wright said...

Fabulus, love this one x

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

Such a fun project! Definitely going onto my "must make" list!

Lyneen J said...

What a great idea... I love repurposing things... I have a frame or two I could use for this project!

Bev Code said...

awesome frame with great accents and colours

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...