Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Loveable New Year !

Hi, it's Astrid today, sharing my very first post here at The Robin's Nest and I am super excited and a little nervous too. For my first post I created a layout of hubby and me, the photo was taken a few years ago, this is one of the very few photo's we have of the two of us so ofcourse it deserves a place in one of my scrap albums. My wish for 2016 is more love and understanding in the world, therefore I created this romantic page.


Robin's Nest Supply list: 

Other supplies:
Pink lace
White ribbon
doilies
butterfly stamp
word stamp
brad

I started with the backside of the Valentine Hearts paper and added some white paint splatters on it, then I tear a piece of the vellum and place it on the background, then I cut out a paper strip of another paper from the Valentine Hearts and cut out a piece on both sides of it ( keep the pieces you cut out), I added a piece of pink lace to it and placed the photo on top. I cut out a doily in two and place one part at the left side of the photo and one part under the photo. Then I took a piece of Valentine Stripe paper and used the background and cut out two tags, I stamped a butterfly on both of them and a title and added some white ribbon. Then I cut three circles out of the vellum and crumpled them a little added a brad and voilá , you have a flower, because I'm not a kind of flower girl and do not use many flowers on my pages, I created sometimes the easy simple ones which fit better with my kind of layouts I think, well I finished my page with some wonderful dew drop hearts, some glitter stickers and finally the two pieces I cut out from the heart strip and put them in the right bottom corner, just for a little accent.

Here are some detail photo's of my layout;






Well I hope I have inspired you with my first post here, don't forget to check the Robin's Nest daily for some wonderful inspiration and keep an eye on the Shop for all those wonderful goodies !

Happy Creating !
Astrid



13 comments:

Giorgia Rossini said...

Very sweet layout! Great job Astrid!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Love it! Your vellum is wonderful! Cute picture too!

Terri Sproul said...

fun project. love the colors

LisaM said...

Pretty layout!

Colleen said...

Pretty LO

Blue Moon Creation said...

Lovely layout!

Karen said...

Love that touch of lace & vellum!

Caroleanne Wright said...

Hi Astrid, absalutely fabulous first layout, well done, you did it!!x

Terri Koszler said...

Astrid I love this layout, so cute and sweet x

Robin O'Crowley said...

Cute!

monia said...

Beautiful patterned paper!!!! :D

heirloomscrapping said...

such a beautiful loving layout

Bev Code said...

super page.. great colours and design

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...