Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Santa Gift Box

Hi everyone! It is me, Tonya and I am here to share one last Christmas project for the year for the Robin's Nest as a guest designer. This is a very easy project to do. My husband had received a maglite as a gift and asked if wanted the box it came in. Since it was hard plastic and has a hinged lid I said sure and then laid it on my bookcase and forgot about it until the other day. Since I am already in wrapping Christmas present mode I thought why not decorate in a holiday theme and this is what I came up with.


I measured the top of the box and cut a piece of Black and White Holly Glitter Cardstock to fit the lid and rounded the corners  and adhered to the box. The Medallion diecut I cut from the Flame Glitter Swirl Cardstock and glued off center of the box. The scallop diecut was cut from the Wedding Swirl Glitter Cardstock which I lightly inked with red ink.


The Santa I found on the internet. I printed and fussy cut out and adhered to the top of the medallion. The bigger holly leaves are cut with the Holly Branch diecut from Wrap Glitter Cardstock and the flowers and smaller holly leaves are cut from Vanilla Fleur Glitter Cardstock. It is my favorite go to cardstock because as you see I have inked it to the color I needed. So if you don't have the right color of cardstock just dig out your ink and ink away. 


I finished  off the box with silver thread from the Rosy Straw packetDew Drops, button, sequins, metallic thread and velvet trim (discontinued from the Robin's Nest).


Now all I have to do is add candy or small goodie and it will be ready to give. If you have any questions about this project please let me know. Also be sure to check out the Robin's Nest to get your own Christmas Collection!


Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating!

12 comments:

Daliuska Malpica said...

What a great idea!!!

Colleen said...

That turned out awesome.

Team Clark said...

Oh my word, Tonya! This is just the coolest! Love the designer paper you added to the top. This gives me so many ideas for upcycled Christmas gifts!!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the colors!! Great job!

Cindy Brown said...

superb idea tfs

Giorgia Rossini said...

Great way to upcycle a box! love it

Kathleen White said...

I love to recycle items! This is one inspiring redo and I love the contents inside! Simply beautiful!

Betsy Skagen said...

Tonya, so adorable!

Donna Turner said...

It's beautiful and functional for use. Cool

Donna Turner said...

It's beautiful and functional for use. Cool

Caroleanne Wright said...

Adorable, I love all the thread you used x

Bev Code said...

love this idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...