Saturday, December 5, 2015

R.I.D.E.

RIDE

Hello Robin's Nest Readers!
It's Rachel today, and I am showing you how I created another snowboarding page in my art journal for my son.  The photo is a pic from his phone...
Print your phone pics before they mysteriously disappear into the cyber world.


He gave me a whole bunch of snowboarding photos, so trying to come up with something different with each page has made me think outside my box (which I love to do).  I have been forced to thinker younger... (I swear I do not feel that old!)


I started with a black silhouette of a snowboarder on a rail.  This one is from www.shutterstock.com.
Print it on a thicker cardstock or photo paper so that you can work with a more stable outline.  These lines get a little thin.


Fussy cutting around the white area, I used scissors and a stiletto knife. 


Here it it all cut out, and flipped to the backside.


I chose TRN We are daughters Cardstock because I wanted the silhouette to have fancy details.  No one wants a boring boarder.  Trace the fussy cut snowboarder onto the cardstock, then fussy cut again.


Using the other corner of the cardstock, I tore the edge and placed Jordan's photo on top.  I then stapled the photo.  It's a cool pic right!?


Place the silhouette on a tag sticker from TRN Winter Sticker.


Add "RIDE" towards the bottom using Glitter Blue Alpha Stickers.


Place a Glitter Chipboard Snowflake next to the boarder.


Cluster Black Thermal Animal Cardstock, Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock, and a swirl die cut from Royal Purple Glitter Cardstock next to the photo.


Add Dew Drops from the Belgian Chocolate Dew Drops towards the bottom and glue with The Best Glue Ever.


Viola!
Another page finished in Jordan's book.

How will you journal your adventures?

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!
Rachel O'Crowley
The Robin's Nest
We Create to Inspire

3 comments:

monia said...

Great idea cut a snowboarder silhouette! Great page :)

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Thanks Monia!

Bev Code said...

great art journal page.. awesome accents .. your son will love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...