Thursday, December 31, 2015

Message from my heart

Everybody needs a little pick me up every so often and what better way to show someone you love that you care for them than by giving them a handmade gift.



Supplies List;

Wooden heart
Grey Ribbon
Glue






My first stage was to cover my heart with a decoupage glue, making sure to get right up to the edges, don't worry about covering the pre drilled holes
(please excuse my messy cutting board, it's well loved)



Next I placed a piece of the paper on my worktop and put the glued side of the heart face down and applied some pressure, this needs to be put to one side to dry completely
.


Once dry I trimmed the paper back using a scalpel and craft mat, don't get to close to the edge of the wood as this will be dealt with later


Next I wanted to make some flowers so I cut out 4 circles from the card and on the reverse drew spirals



I cut along the spiral as shown below and then rolled it up from the outside in to the center


When you reach the center let go, the spiral will unravel and relax slightly but that's ok


I applied a hi-tack glue to the little tab at the back of the flower and then pinched it shut, I repeated this with all of the spirals


Using the Rosy chevron card I cut out a flower, I then pinched each petal to add dimension 


I glued a spiral rose into the centre of the flower, I repeated this with one of the other spirals using a pink card stock from my stash


Now it's time to tidy up the edges of the heart, I like to use a sanding block as it gives a slightly vintage/distressed look


I cut a pennant/banner from the Rosy chevron card stock and glue it to the heart and poked the holes through using a pencil


I added just 3 of the flowers in the end, embellishments always work best in odd numbers. I also added some grey ribbon so the heart can be hung


I chose 2 stickers from the Vintage card kit to use as supportive quotes on my heart, I think they are really cheery.



I placed some tear drop gems in a baby pink around the flowers and some purple dew drops from the Halloween kit near to the sentiment.





And here it is in all it's glory, I love how this project turned out and hope you do too, maybe you'll have a go yourself.




Thank you for joining me for my first post as part of The Robin Nest Design team,
Terri 

14 comments:

Marina Gridasova said...

beautiful creation!

Reel Girl said...

Those spiral roses are awesome!

Colleen said...

Very pretty

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So cute!! I love your flowers!! And the sayings too! Great job Terri!

Terri Sproul said...

this is a great project.

LisaM said...

Beautiful project! I love the flowers!

Blue Moon Creation said...

I love this heart! It's great!

Caroleanne Wright said...

Adorable, fab project x

Lyneen J said...

Beautiful heart... love your flowers!

Giorgia Rossini said...

Beautiful project and great tutorial, I love the flowers!

Robin O'Crowley said...

So cute! I love your roses!

Karen said...

Thanks for the great tutorial!

heirloomscrapping said...

Awesome off the page item and love those flowers how very clever

Bev Code said...

adorable project

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...