Sunday, December 6, 2015

I don't color inside the lines



Being creative means not coloring inside the lines in life and in art.   Hi readers, Jess here today with an altered wood panel.  



To start my panel I used a piece of vintage sheet music and adhered it to my 8x10 wooden board using a matte medium.  I love the penciled in notes on this sheet.
I lightly sprayed the paper with a stain and then used my finger to smear splotches of paint.  
I used a stencil and paint for the next bit.  You can see I was a tad heavy handed and made a giant blob in the bottom corner.  That's the awesome thing about mixed media.  I slapped on another layer and the mistake is gone. 
My Rosy Stripe Cardstock and Rosy Chevron Cardstock are glued down for my next layer(see how I covered the blob).  I used more paint and ink to cover the white edges.  A tiny bit of washi tape is added here and there too.  A big gem swirl is added to the upper corner to balance the bottom half.

I love my card catalog cards, so I popped on on here and some Monopoly money(you never know what will be in the bag of tricks).  

I fussy cut giant wings and focal image.  More washi tape, ribbon, and the sentiment get added on. 
German scrap paper is used for her belt. Baby Tear Drops and Belgian Chocolate Mini Dew Drops are added to her belt and wings to complete the canvas.  

Remember that it's ok to color outside the lines!










3 comments:

Colleen said...

I love the saying on this, very nicely done

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute!! Love it!

Bev Code said...

fun design and comobo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...