Thursday, December 3, 2015

Extreme Snowboarding

Extreme Snowboarding
Artfully Documented

Hello Robin's Nest Readers!
Today, I wanted to share one of my Art Journal pages from a book that I am creating for my son.  I asked him to get me some phone pics from his phone so that I could create this journal.  It's a whole new world when you see the photos on their phones.  I am glad that we was willing to share them.


The picture I chose today, is of him snowboarding off the top of a building, luckily there is snow below him to soften the landing.


As you can see, there are several snowboarding pics that he has sent me.  I will share these others on another day.  I want to make each page different, so I want to have a different frame of mind on the next journal page.


I decided place the photo on the left side of the page, then I used this tab from our Winter Sticker and put it on the side of the page.  I have been stapling everything in this book because I want it to have a masculine, rough feel.


If you look closely, Jordan has a red scarf he is wearing.  Playing with this color, I decided to make a paper snowboard using our Red Glitter Paisley Cardstock.


On the backside, I drew the board.  Thank goodness you can't see my messed up lines, but that it a part of creating cool things (pun intended).


I used stamp ink and inked the sides of the board.  How cute would it be to have a snowman with this too.  The Robin's Nest has wonderful colored chipboard that is die-cut out to match the stickers.  I decided to stack these to create a snowman.


Inking around the edges creates more of a 3D look.  I stapled the circles together.


The Robin's Nest straw is mixed in with the glitter die-cut Snowflakes.  I cut the other tag from the Winter sticker and created the hat for Frosty's head.  


Of course, all of my projects include Dew Drops.  These are from the Early Dawn Dew Drop mix.
I love to add a personal touch to pages by hand writing stuff.  I must admit, I do not like my writing, but I think it just makes it personal.  I wrote next to the photo, and added more Dew Drops on the right side of the page.


What do think?
Are you willing to try an art journal using phone pics?

Until next time, 
Happy Crafting!
Rachel O'Crowley
The Robin's Nest
We Create to Inspire

11 comments:

Tonya said...

Love it! This is a wonderful idea. I need to do something with the 3500+ photos I have on my phone. Great job Rachel!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Thanks Tonya!

Cindy Brown said...

Superbe

Caroleanne Wright said...

this is fabulous, love it. x

Colleen said...

Wonderful job but sounds so dangerous.

monia said...

I love your skateboard!!! Beautiful project!!! :D

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Thanks Monia!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

It probably is dangerous, I guess he has fun :) thanks Colleen!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Thank you!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Thanks!!

Bev Code said...

this art journal is going to be amazing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...