Monday, November 9, 2015

Nature Hike


 A perfect Autumn greeting to you all!  Kathleen here with a layout of my daughter and her hubby helping us explore a small Texas town.


Before I begin showing you how I created this design I must show you the other side of this cute, sweet paper  The Robin's Nest-Dinosaur cardstock
Dinosaur Cardstock

  Prime the paper with  clear gesso to keep the paints from absorbing into the paper, let dry.   Then applied a stencil with homemade modeling paste.  I love to have texture and movement in a layout!

Next I used a series of color splashed on randomly around the first stencil layer, then came back and added a another stencil which gives this linear look to the design. 

Now to start arranging the picture and elements around it.  I can fidget with this part of the project for hours til I am happy with the placement!  lol!! 
My elements include;
The gate received a coat of black water paint then embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Golden Angel wings.  It gave it that wonderful old world wrought iron look.  With a piece of bubble wrap I applied a bit of Shimmerz Paints Mari-Gold Digger and dotted it around the background.  Then with a short hair paint brush I applied a rich amount of medium gel the dotted it with Tim Holtz glass glitter in festive berries, peeled paint and spiced marmalade and randomly applied it to the background.
The clock and boarder rub-ons are super easy to applied even over all of that texture.
I gathered up lots of goodies from my stash and these gorgeous feathers from Gina's Designs-Feather Shape set and layered them around my picture and at the bottom for bit more fun.


Tip of the day!  You know those pesky tags that run down the side of jeans?  Well I rip off the cloth ones and add them to my designs.  Can you find one on this layout?!

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you have enjoyed what you have seen and will let your own creativity take flight!  Don't forget to stop by and see what is new or just to stock up on your favorite Robin's Nest products.




Papers

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Very nice

Cindy Brown said...

Superbe Layout Wow

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love this! Colors are fabulous!! Beautiful job!

Robin O'Crowley said...

You are spectacular !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...