Monday, November 16, 2015

Meet my flakey little friend

Howdy again all! I'm here to share my latest Robin's Nest project with you. I adore snowmen and thought with Christmas right around the corner I needed to finish up my Christmas cards and have them ready to mail in a few days. Normally, I design one card to make and send. But, this year I decided to make a bunch of different designs and here's the last one.

 
Great Robin's Nest Products I used:
 
 
Thought I would try a different color pallet for this card. You don't normally think of red, black and white when you think of Christmas cards, but this turned out pretty cute I think. After I cut my top fold card base (4.25 x 5.5") I cut the 1st layer (Red Snowflake Cardstock) .25" smaller all the way around. I used foam tape to add it to the black card base. Next I cut a square of the black card stock to use as a mount for my snowman digital stamp. I ran it thru my swirl embossing folder. I cut a small piece of the red ric rac ribbon (from the Rusty Rose Ribbon) around and then glued it directly to the left middle of the card front.
 

I used more foam tape to pop up the snowman image to the black mat. I wanted just a little bit more so I decided to take the little heart off the Heart RH Paper Clips and instead I glued three of the Ace of Diamond Dew Drops onto the clip where the heart had once been. You can see the clip drying below.

 
 Once it was dry I added it to the right hand side of the 1st layer of the card and with that, my creation was ready for the mail!


I hope you will take a moment to hop over to The Robin's Nest to check out the super products I used in making this card.  Be sure to watch right here for more DT projects in the coming days.

Thanks and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue of Maxx & Boo

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Adorable snowman card! Awesome job!

Colleen said...

very cute

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute card Peggie Sue!!

Betsy Skagen said...

Cute and fun card!

Kathleen White said...

I am always looking for cute card ideas. This one is darling!

Cindy Brown said...

Sublim card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...