Monday, November 2, 2015

Holly Jolly Time

Peggie Sue of Maxx & Boo here and I'm so happy to be posting today for The Robin's Nest - It's getting so close to Christmas and I've been working on a few little holiday cards lately! I also created a handful of treat holders using the scraps from this card to hand out to my son's classmates for Christmas.

The awesome Robin's Nest products I used are:


I used the stripe paper to create the base of my top fold card (4.25 x 5.5 inches.) I used the reverse of the Cindy Lou Swirl Glitter Cardstock (reversible) to make the lime green circles I used under my digital stamped and colored image. It didn't matter that the circle was larger than the scrap square as I used my image to cover most of the circles anyway.


After I colored my images with my Copics, I used foam tape to pop it up form the card front. Then I added some of the pretty dew drops from the Cotton Candy Dew Drops and Hillside Mini Dew Drops packages. I love using dew drops, it adds just the right amount of bling.


Then I cut a long length of natural colored seam binding, crumpled it in my hand and spritzed it with water to give it a crinkled look. Once it dried, I tied it around my card front and tied a double loop bow. And then, then my card was finished and ready for the mail!


Oh, and the little treat holder? It's easy peasy. I cut a piece of the left over Cindy Lou Swirl Glitter Cardstock (reversible) down to 3.5 x 6 inch rectangle. I then scored (along the 6" side) at the .5", 2.25", 2.75" lines.


I added he little sentiment to the front. Folded down the top at the .5" score line. Once you've folded at the other two score lines you will have this little open sided pocket you see below. I used embroidery thread (size 5) to tie around the treat pocket to hold the candy inside. Super easy, using your left overs and it makes just the cutest treat for friends, neighbors, children, family - you name it!


Click on over to The Robin's Nest to gather all your crating needs!  I hope you have a merry, cheerful day! Thanks so very much for taking time out of your busy day to read my little post.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Take care and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Love the cards! Awesome job!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So cute! They will love these! Great job Peggie Sue!

Cindy Brown said...

Superbe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...