Friday, November 27, 2015

Christmas is fast approaching

Colleen here with one of my Christmas cards.



I started with a white cardstock, added white glue to the front of the card and spread it completely around to cover all the front of the card.


Next I used tissue paper to put on top of the glue.  You don't have to be careful if you get wrinkles in the tissue it just gives it more character.


Once that was dry I just painted over it with white paper, being careful not to cover it all just so the tissue color still shows through.


I then cut out 3 squares using Wrap Glitter Cardstock, making sure I had the squares in 3 different sizes.  Next I used Moss Green Glitter Cardstock and cut 3 more square, smaller than the first ones cut so you can layer them.  After I cut out the 3 smaller squares from Moss Green Glitter Cardstock I used embossing folder.  

I glued the Moss Green Glitter Cardstock on the top of Wrap Glitter Cardstock and then layered the 3 squares after inking the top square edges.  

On the top square I used the clock from the Time Flies Rub Ons. I used pop dots to lift the top square up higher than the other 2 squares.

To finish the card I used a Martha Stewart branch punch and Moss Green Glitter Cardstock to cut out the branches and added a little white paint over the top.  Finishing touches were to use the Cowboy Dew Drops and some texture paste to look like snow.

Thank you for looking and I hope you give some of the techniques a try.






2 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love the colors! Such a pretty card!

Cindy Brown said...

amazing card wow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...