Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Altered Snowflake Gift Card Box

Hi everyone! It's me, Tonya and I am here to share another quick Christmas project this week. I give a lot of gift cards as presents and it seems like I am either running out to buy a card holder boxes or my mom is always needing one. I try and stock up after Christmas when everything is half off but sometimes I can't find those in the already picked over selection of Christmas items. I figured since I have this Bath and Body gift card box  why not alter it into something Christmasy/Winter that can be used for the season? 


I cut a strip from the Winter Deer Glitter Cardstock ( I used the stripped backside of the cardstock) wide enough to cover the wording and adhered to the box. Next I adhered the grey ribbon from the Leafy Green RibbonPack to the side of the box.


I cut strips of cardstock from the following cardstocks: Winter Snowflakes Cardstock and Blue Fleur Admiral Cardstock and adhered to around the box to create a ban. Next I cut from the Silver Glitter Cardstock a Label which I embossed with the Snow Flurries Embossing Folder, and inked. I tied the ribbon into a bow at the top of the box and then adhered the label to the ribbon and the side of the box. The white snowflake is from a swap I received and I paired it up with one of the Winter Snowflakes Glitter Chipboard pieces. I topped the snowflakes off with sequins and a Pearl Dew Drop.


I finished off with a snowflake jiggle bell I had in my stash of supplies. It took me under an hour to create this oh so easy project. 
Be sure to check out the Robin's Nest to purchase product to create your own Christmas projects. If you have any questions about this project please let me know. 


Supplies Used:
Robin's Nest: Winter Deer Glitter CardstockLeafy Green RibbonPack Winter Snowflakes Cardstock Blue Fleur Admiral Cardstock Silver Glitter CardstockWinter Snowflakes Glitter ChipboardPearl Dew Drop
Other Supplies Used: Sizzix: Snow Flurries Embossing FolderLabel, Sequins, Blue Chalk Ink, Jiggle Bell

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating! 



7 comments:

Colleen said...

Great idea.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the simple, yet elegant look, way better than the actual gift card box.

Great-Aunt Camille said...

that's fabulous!

Kathleen White said...

I absolutely love this idea and have already copied it! So beautiful.

Cindy Brown said...

Amazing

Betsy Skagen said...

Super cute!

Betsy Skagen said...

Super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...