Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mulling Spices as a Gift

Mulling Spices as a Gift

Hello Robin's Nest Readers!  I hope that your day has been very inspirational and craft, of course.
I wanted to share my Hostess Gifts that I have made for the upcoming Thanksgiving Dinners.  I had to make two because we visit both of our families for this fabulous holiday.

I just love the smells of Fall.  These seasonings are perfect.


To start this project, you will need to cut up an orange in slices and put in a 200F degree oven for two hours.  

I try to pull everything together that I think that I am going to use for the project.  I am using our Glitter Burgundy Cardstock, Limoncello Cardstock, Gold Cardstock, Glitter Leaf Cardstock, TRN Natural Tine, Emerald Green Diamond Dew Drops, Fall Rub-On, Tropicana Cardstock, and Red Chili Cardstock.  Other products: The Best Glue Ever, spices that I will list in the end, and two pickle jars.


Fill your sink up with hot water and let the jars set until you are finished with the tags.


To start the tags, cut into the shape that you want.  I chose the simple tag shape.


Cut the Tropicana Cardstock into a smaller tag shape.  I tore the bottoms of the tags to give a different dimension.


Cut out the turkey from our Fall Rub-On and rub onto the Tropicana Cardstock.


Rub the "give thanks" saying onto the bottom tag.


I like the subtly of the colors together.


Then take our Glitter Pumpkins and the leaves that were cut from the Glitter Cardstock and see how you want to place them.


I also used this card from our Rosy Cards.  The colors of the red chevron pattern were perfect for more depth.


Punch a hole in the top of the tags.


Staple these together.


Add Emerald Green Diamond Dew Drops to the top of the pumpkins and tie Natural Twine around the tag.


Cute.


Tie a loopy in the twine.  This will attach to the bottle when we are finished filling it.


Take oranges out of oven.


Make sure that the bottles are completely dry after removing the labels.


Fill the bottles with the dried oranges, cinnamon sticks, whole anise stars, whole cloves, ginger root chunks, and whole allspice. 
I tied pieces of fabric onto the tops of the jars.  (you may need someone to help you.  I did get it by myself, but I would have had less of a hard time with an extra pair of hands)


What do you think?  


I hope this inspires you to create your own Hostess Gift for Thanksgiving.
Until next time,
Happy Crafting!
Rachel O'Crowley
The Robin's Nest
We Create to Inspire


2 comments:

Cindy Brown said...

Wow Amazing!!!!

Bev Code said...

really great tags.. awesome design and accents used

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...