Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Merry

Surprise everyone and hi! It's me, Tonya and I'm here to share a Christmas card I created using leftover scraps of cardstock. Christmas is right around the corner...like eight weeks away...and for the next few weeks I will be sharing a quick Christmas project on the Robin's Nest to inspire you all. :-)



I started with a 5 1/2"x6" folded piece of Distressed Trees Specialty Paper (tree part cut off). The following scraps of cardstock I used on this card is as follows: Green Grass Glitter CardstockWrap Glitter CardstockLeaf Stripe CardstockForest Trees Specialty Paper (back side of paper), Sour Apple Glitter Cardstock. I inked and adhered a 4" doily to the upper corner of the card and then placed the scraps around on the card until I liked the way it looked and then glued to the card. If you are uncomfortable "winging" layers on a card you can find sketches on Pinterest to go by.



I also fussy cut a Green Glitter Journaling card out, cut in half and inked the edges. I cut and adhered scraps of cardstock to cover the lines on the card. I printed the merry sentiment from the computer. I cut out and inked the edges, glued it to the journaling card along with a red sequin and a Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drop


The Santa image I had rubber stamped and used pastels to color the image over a year ago but never got around to using it. I thought it would be the perfect addition to the card. I added a little Stickles for a glittery look, distressed the edges of the image, adhered thread and the silver thread from the Rosy Straw package to finished off the card.
If you would like to see more of the Christmas Collection please check out the Robin's Nest website.
If you have any questions about this card please let me know.


Robin's Nest Supplies:Distressed Trees Specialty Paper,Green Grass Glitter CardstockWrap Glitter CardstockLeaf Stripe CardstockForest Trees Specialty Paper Sour Apple Glitter Cardstock,Green Glitter Journaling cardFresh Mowed Grass Dew DropRosy Straw
Other Supplies: Thread, Paper Doily, Chalk Ink, Santa image

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating!


5 comments:

Colleen said...

Pretty card.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love your Santa! Great card!! The colors are wonderful!

Robin O'Crowley said...

So glad to see your work again! love this cute card!

Cindy Brown said...

Superbe Wow Love!!!

Bev Code said...

really cute and fabulous xmas card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...