Monday, October 19, 2015

Love for Thanksgiving

Hello again! Peggie Sue of Maxx & Boo posting today - It's coming quickly up on the holidays and with that my thoughts turn to all the wonderful things and people in my life that I am thankful for. I also know I will be having a few of my family members over for a wonderful meal... I wanted to make a few little décor items I could easily tuck in and around the buffet table. But 1st, a sweet little card for my hubby...

 
The awesome Robin's Nest products I used are:
Love Chipboard - Gina K
 
 
Here's all the goodness gathered into one place... now we begin!
 
 
 As always, I start with my top fold card base (4.25 x 5.5.) Here I used the Brown Glitter Cardstock as my card base. I used the reverse side of the Gold Classic Swirl Glitter Cardstock to cut to 3.75 x 4.75. I layered it at an angle on the card base and then cut off the parts that were over the edge. I chose the large flourish from the Time Flies Rub-Ons having it hang off the cream cardstock just a bit.


I then colored the chipboard cut out "Love" with my distress markers. Although it's not easy to see in the pictures it simply gave a tad bit deeper over all tone and made it look just a bit more finished. I used foam tape to give it a bit of a lift to add dimension for this simpler card.


I added a few Hill Side Mini Dew Drops around the flourish and glues them down using multi adhesive.


It may be a simple card, but for me tis time of year should be about the slowing of our schedules to relish the simple things in life, like our family and loved ones wo are always there for us. Below is my finished card. I plan on giving this to my husband on Thanksgiving day morning.
 
 
Now, while I was making my cards for my November posts, I immediately thought of all the family that will be coming to our home for our big family meal. I decided to use some of the left over scraps to create a few little dome décor items I could easily tuck in and around my buffet server. And these cuties were "born".
 

Above are some of the cute items The Robin's Nest has that are perfect for Thanksgiving. I used the card fronts from the Flame Card Kit and cut pieces of the Brown Glitter Cardstock to fit inside the raised panel of the kits card fronts. I added the rubs on from the Flame Rub-Ons to the mini pictures as the pictures show below.



 
I hope you will click on over to The Robin's Nest to gather all your crafting needs! And I hope you have a lovely day filled with things and people to be thankful for! Thanks so very much for taking time out of your busy day to read my little post.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Take care and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Fun thanksgiving cards! Great job!

Colleen said...

I Love your first card. Very fun.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love the cards! The little friends are perfect for thanksgiving! Cute! Cute!

Cindy Brown said...

Amazing Card Wow wow wow

Bev Code said...

amazing fall collection of cards.. great job

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...