Monday, October 5, 2015

A little fairy tale

Hi again friends! Posting today for The Robin's Nest - I've been thinking ahead a little, thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for and I decided to create a few cards with that in mind.
 
 
The awesome Robin's Nest products I used are:
 
First I made my top fold card base of 4.25 x 5.5. I cut out the sentiment I wanted to use from the reversible Wedding Cut-Outs Cardstock (you can chose any sentiment you'd like) and mounted it onto a 1/8" around larger black cardstock mat. I set that aside for later. 
 
 
I then turned to the 1st layer of my card. I decided to use this beautiful Black on White Damask Thermal and I cut it to measure 4 x 5.25. I then used the reverse side of the  Wedding Cut-Outs Cardstock which happens to be the beautiful script paper that is peaking out from under the damask paper. I cut it to measure 3 x 3. I glued it to the card base on the bottom right corner. I then took the black damask paper and rolled the edge using my bone folder. I glued it to the card base on top of the smaller piece of script paper.
 
 
 I used a glue dot to adhere the edge back up on itself. Using a bit of glue, I added the shimmery red dew drop that came from the Rosy Straw package. Now that the base and 1st layer are set, I moved on to the sentiment. We have already layered it onto the slightly larger black cardstock, and now we get to add it to the card face!


I added foam pop dots to the sentiment and before I added it to the card front I decided to manipulate the straw from the Rosy Straw pack to the underneath using scotch tape to keep it in place. I have found this the easiest way for me to make this straw stay right where I want it. After I got it right where I wanted it, I added it to the upper center of the card front. I added a really cute Heart RN Paper Clips to the side and called it complete!
 
 
I hope you will click on over to The Robin's Nest to gather all your crafting needs!  Have a magical day! Thanks so very much for taking time out of your busy day to read my little post.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Take care and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Great card.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! I love the dimensions, colors, and straw! Great card!

Tonya said...

Love how simply yet elegant your card looks! Awesome job!

Dawn Barrett said...

Oh so great!

Dawn Barrett said...

Oh so great!

Bev Code said...

cute and love the flipped corner

Cindy Brown said...

Amazing Idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...