Sunday, September 6, 2015

Wicked Witchy Hats

Hi Robin's Nest Readers,
Jess here today to show you how to make witch hats.
Start by cutting a circle out of your Pumpkin Heads Cardstock..  You can make these any size.  The bigger the circle the bigger your finished hat will be.  This circle is about 6 inches.  Cut a triangle out of the circle.  


Roll the shape together to form a cone and use double stick tape to hold it together.  
Glue the cone to a doily and glue your ribbon around the edge.  I took a simple ribbon and glued it down to make it appear ruffly.  
To accessorize the hat I made several flowers using the back side of the Pumpkin Head Cardstock, the Black Glitter Bat Cardstock, and the Spiderweb Glitter Cardstock
In the center of a couple flowers I used the Fall Foliage Tear Drops and Black Dew Drops to pull in the orange from the ribbon.  
I glued one of the extra blingy flowers to the top of the hat.  I added some greenery I made using the Wrap Glitter Cardstock.  I ripped black tulle and glued that to the top as well.  Ripped tulle makes for an awesome Halloween embellishment.  I heated the tulle with my heat gun, just a tiny bit, to make it melt and curl.  

Here are the flowers on the bottom of the hat.  I added tulle down here as well.  

This  6 inch size would make a perfect decoration.  I have also made them tiny.
This one sits on the doily that comes in the Rosy Bike Chipboard package.  It is the perfect size for a place card holder.  Just add a pin to the top to hold the name card. 
I hope you are inspired to make your own wicked hats.  


And speaking of inspiration have you seen the Monthly Challenge?  It's a great chance for you to stretch your crafty wings!

Thanks for popping by today









8 comments:

Colleen said...

Such a very cool idea and a great project in the end.

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

OMGeeeee - I adore this project and will certainly make one TODAY! TFS

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I have seen the mini one in person, it is sooo adorable!! I love these! Great job!

Kathleen White said...

Jess, this hat is spook-tac-ular!! I am going to make one this fall!! Love it to bits.

Tonya said...

Spooky cute and wonderfully done!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Such a cute hat! Love

Betsy Skagen said...

Super cute and I love the idea of the doily--never thought of that.

Cindy Brown said...

wow I want the same Wow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...