Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Spooky Girl

Hi everyone! It's me, Tonya. I know it has been awhile but I am here as a guest designer for the Robin's Nest. With Halloween right around the corner I thought I would share a Halloween card I created.
I started with a 6"x6" folded piece of Black Bats Glitter Cardstock as the base for my card.  


I used a variety of scraps of cardstock from the Robin's Nest (Orange Crackle Glitter Cardstock, backside of Haunted House CardstockPurple Crackle Glitter CardstockPumpkin Heads Cardstock which I embossed, crinkled and inked. I also used my Doily diecut and cut a doily from the Pumpkin Heads Cardstock and from the backside of the Boo Words Glitter Cardstock I cut an Ornate Frame diecut.
I adhered the pieces of Orange Crackle Glitter Cardstock and Purple Crackle Glitter Cardstock to the base of the card first and next I added  the doily and ornate frame diecuts. The last three pieces of cardstock I layered off center and adhered to the card base.


The girl is a free printable I found on the Land of Nod blog. I printed her off and fussy cut out and added glue down the center of the back of the image and placed on the card. I wanted to be able to added embellishments behind her easily. 


Next I punched leaves from Boo Words Glitter Cardstock and Brown Glitter Cardstock, crumpled and inked.I then added bits of green metallic thread, black twine, sequins, paper flowers behind and around the girl. I finished the card off with Halloween Dew Drops....dew drops makes everything perfect. :-)


The sentiment is a leftover from a pervious project I thought it was perfect since the girl kinda looks a little spooky but she was still missing something. So I added  a small pointy hat that I cut from Kiwi Sorbet Glitter Cardstock just to give the her a little quirky look too.
If you want to create your own card be sure to stop by the Robin's Nest and check out their Halloween Collection.
If you have any questions please let me know.


Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used: Sizzix-Doily diecutOrnate Frame diecut, Stitches Embossing FolderBurlap Embossing Folder;  Printable Girl-Land of Nod blog; Sequins, Paper Flowers, Green Metallic Thread, Black Twine, Leaf Punch, Green Chalk Ink

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating!


7 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Too cute!! I love this!! The girl is adorable with her hat! Love! Love! Love! Thanks Tonya!!

Betsy Skagen said...

So glad you made an appearance! Just love what you did here! We miss you!

Kathleen White said...

Fantastic Halloween card!!

Cindy Brown said...

Wow Amazing Project TFS

Bev Code said...

fabulous layers.. amazing details

Robin O'Crowley said...

Adorable! Good to have you back!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Wonderfully creepy! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...