Monday, September 14, 2015

Pumpkins on a Step

Happy Halloween, well, almost. Peggie Sue with Maxx & Boo again. My favorite holiday is just around the corner - Halloween! I want to share my side step card with you today. It may look hard to do, but I promise, it's easy peasy if you take it one step at a time. (sorry I couldn't resist!)

 
These are the products from The Robin's Nest I will be using:
Black Glitter Cardstock

Using my 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" orange cardstock, I placed the short edge of my cardstock in my cutter at 2 3/4".  I cut down the paper from 1 1/4" to 6 1/4". This is the only time you cut - the rest is all scoring. Note here that you have one end that has more paper without a cut than the other end, this will be important as you move forward.



***All of the remaining scoring is on the long side of the cut. 

With the long edge of the cardstock across the top of your scoreboard (making sure you have small margin at the zero score line) score at the 1 1/4" mark down to the cut line. Then score at 2 1/4" down to the cut line. The last score is at 5 1/4" (again down to the cut line) Now, flip your card over so the other long side is at the top and score at 4 1/4" down to the cut line. Your card base is complete! Now for the fun part... Decorating!

 
I measured and cut my cardstock 1/8" shorter (all the way around) then the card base for each of the three front facing sections. Then I added the glitter die cut oranges across the front bottom edge. I glued the green diamond shaped dew drops at the tops of each of the pumpkins for leaves. I added a few of the yellow and orange dew drops at the base of each pumpkin for fun and texture. For the pumpkin tendrils, I cut thin strips of green cardstock and wrapped them around my pencil and held them there for a short bit. I added them to the top of a few pumpkins with a bit of glue.
 
 
I circle punched a yellow moon and sponged a bit of ink on it for depth and glued it to the left side step. I then added a glitter bat chipboard with a pop dot to the edge of the moon. And for the larger right side step added my sentiment and a few more bats.
 
I so hope you will give this step card a try, it really is easy and so very much fun to decorate! With the Robin's Nest products your options are unlimited!  If you haven't already, sign up here at Chattering Robin's and at Maxx & Boo to get all the great DT projects delivered right to your in box!

 
Thanks so very much for taking the time to read my long, but exciting post! I hope to see you here again very soon!
 
Hugs,
Peggie Sue

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Fun card.

Tonya said...

Super cute card! Great job!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So cute! I love the dew drops on the pumpkins!

Jess M said...

I love all the glittery goodness on here!

Cindy Brown said...

Good Job I love it TFS your beautiful card

Betsy Skagen said...

Super cute Halloween project!

Bev Code said...

super side step card.. awesome details

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...