Sunday, September 20, 2015

Masquerade Ball Wallhanging


Hi Robin's Nest readers, 
Jess here today with a mysterious project.  


Why so mysterious? Well, I made this as a sample for a show.  I mailed it off to our fearless reader and didn't take many photos! BUT, I can still tell you how I made it step by step.  

Start with your chipboard base and cover it with Saffron Honey Cardstock.  Ink up the edges and then splatter on white and black paint all over to add interest. 

Cut a panel of Black Glitter Bat Cardstock and layer it on top of your base.

I love these glitter masks.  No fussy cutting here.  These come to you already cut and ready to go.  I wanted them to look like masquerade ball masks so I added a handle made from a fancy toothpick I sprayed with black ink.  The toothpicks are hot glued onto the back of the masks.

The top mask has Obsidian Diamond Dew Drops and a fancy feather.  The middle mask has gold dew drops in the regular size and the mini.  The bottom mask has Silver Dew Drops and Pearl White Diamond Dew Drops.  The handle on this mask also got a tiny bit of black seam binding.  The masks are all mounted on the Bat Cardstock using foam tape.

The hanging ribbon is seam binding that is dyed with a black ink.  I didn't want a solid black so I didn't over saturate the ribbon.  I added my saying and it's complete!

8 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh I love a great mystery! Wonderful project!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I was just looking to see if I took good pictures too, I will dig deeper :) great instructions!

Cindy Brown said...

Wow Amazing Mask TFS

Robin O'Crowley said...

So very fun!

Colleen LoVette said...

Great project.

Jean Moore said...

Fabulous idea and great timing for Halloween too.

Bev Code said...

super use of masks.. cool idea

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Jess - that's funny, sounds like something I would do! But this mysterious wall hanging is simply wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...