Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Boo to You!

Hello again my Robin's Nest friends! It's Peggie Sue of Maxx & Boo here. I am super excited to share this card with you today. I absolutely adore Halloween and when I saw this cute little ghost friend I just knew he had to be the center of my card!
 
 
Here are links to the wonderfully fun Robin's Nest products I used:
Black Glitter Card Stock


For my A2 card base I chose this creamy pumpkin orange color. It is cut to form a top fold card at 4.25 x 5.5". I then turned my attention to creating the colorful pieced pattern paper layers. I cut the midnight black glitter cardstock (with it's own twinkling stars) cut at 4 x 5.25". I then chose the delightful gray and orange striped cardstock, cut 1/8" smaller than the lack glitter base layer. I glued the gray and orange stripped pattern piece to the top of the glitter black cardstock arranged toward the bottom of the card as shown above.
.

I wanted to camouflage the seam where the pattern paper over laps the black cardstock, so I used these yummy velvet and satin ribbons, layering the gray satin on top of the orange velvet. I used a strong glue to hold them together. I used one of my layered dies to cut the grey "frame" for my little ghost friend to "float" on. I used foam dots to raise this focal feature up from the card but not before I tucked some black straw from the Saffron Straw set into the foam dots to add a wee bit more texture and whimsy to my project.


I hope you will give this easy to achieve lay out a try, even adapting it to suit your needs be it Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter! I really appreciate you taking the time to read about my project.  Don't forget to check out all the great products I used and many more great items over at The Robin's Nest!  And remember if you'd like, you can sign up to receive future inspirational projects delivered directly to you inbox by signing up here at Chattering Robin's and over at my blog Maxx and Boo.

Have a great day my friends!

Peggie Sue

7 comments:

Kathleen White said...

OMG! this is sooooo incredibly cute!

Tonya said...

Spooky cute and great job!

Jess M said...

Super cute!

Cindy Brown said...

wow wow wow love this card

Colleen LoVette said...

Very cute carts.

Robin O'Crowley said...

Adorable!

frezja said...

I'm fear, this ghoust is really scary :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...