Friday, August 14, 2015

Picture Perfect

Colleen here with an outdoor themed layout.


I always start my layouts by laying everything out before gluing everything down. 

I used the Leafy Green Flower package along with some green material and patterned material I had. I cut the material flowers with my sizzix die.  I glued them all together, squirted water on them and them squashed them up and let them dry.



I picked Khaki Glitter paper as the base, then added the texture along the top and bottom.
I make my own Texture Paste (½ cup baking soda, 2 Tablespoons white glue and 1-2 Tablespoons white acrylic paint and a little water—mix well). I added a little brown mist to make it a little brown. I used my wood grain stencil by mod podge.

After adding texture


Then I layered brown glitter cardstock after roughing the edges, added blue swirl cardstock but I turned it over and used the solid blue, then added white cardstock with texture paste along the side and finally I used a box and torn it up and inked the edges.

Once I had everything where I would like them, I removed everything and used a pencil to mark the area that was cover and then cut out that section. 



With the piece cut out

Once the flowers were dry I added Pistachio archival seeds to the center of the flowers and dabbed some texture paste on the edges.  The title is from the Saffron card collection, cuting away the part I didn't need

Lastly the eagles and feathers were cut using my Silhouette Cameo.

***Remember the piece I cut out, I used that to make a card and used some of the leftover flowers and the brown cardstock to cut out the leaves.



Supplies Used:

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Gorgeous layout and card! Also thanks for the texture paste recipe.

Kathleen White said...

Wow! What an amazing layout. Wonderful composition and design.

Bev Code said...

OMG that is fabulous.. very creative..

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So nice!! I love it!! Great card!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

WOW! Just an amazing page! The pic is wonderful too!

Cindy Brown said...

Love the details and the amazing colur.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...