Monday, August 3, 2015

Old Friends

Hello my friends! Peggie Sue here again - thanks for taking time out to read about my most recent Robin's Nest  Project. When I saw this unique fold card while looking on Pinterest, I decided to create a non-standard card today. By the way, be sure to check out Pinterest for all kinds of wonderful Robin's Nest product inspirations!
 
 
 
Wonderful Robin's Nest Product Links:
Rusty Rose Flowers
Moss Green Glitter Cardstock
Brown on Brown Glitter Cardstock
Rosy Chevron Cardstock (Reversible)
Leafy Green Mini Die Cuts

I started with the largest brown on brown glitter cardstock base measuring 8.75 x 4.25 scored at 2.75".  The second and smaller brown on brown glitter cardstock folded piece is cut to 8.25" x 3" and is scored at 4.25". Next I cut my rosy chevron cardstock to 5.25" x 4" and glued it to the larger card base. Then I cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 3.75" x 2.75" and adhered that to the smaller card base. This is where you would write your little note. The final step in creating the actual card base is to mount the smaller card part to the larger base as shown below.

 
Now you get to decorate the now put together card! I cut another piece of rosy chevron cardstock to 2.5" x 4", flipped it to this beautiful rose pattern and glued it the larger left flap. I then turned my attention to the front of my card. I cut a piece of moss green glitter cardstock to 3.75" x 2.75", rounded the corners and readied it for layering with a piece of white cardstock measuring 3.5" x 2.5". After I stamped my sentiment I glued it to the smaller front flap. This will be the focal point of the card.
 

I took a small strip of the rosy chevron cardstock and glued it to the white. I stamped my flower basket image off on white cardstock and colored in with my Copics. I fussy cut the colored image. and used pop dots to adhere my flower basket on top of the white card front.


I decided to use three butterflies from the leafy green min die cuts package. I layer them one on top of each other, folding them upward to add dimension. I added 2 small pearls to set off his little "body".


In the bottom left corner I used a circle punch to cut out a 1" circle from the rosy chevron cardstock to act as a stabilizing background for 2 of the cream colored flowers from the rusty rose flowers package. I used a brown corduroy brad to hold them together. And finally mounted it to the card. I use this embellishment to hold the card "closed" by tucking the top most flap underneath it.


Here's another look at the links of the Wonderful Robin's Nest Products I used:
Rusty Rose Flowers
Moss Green Glitter Cardstock
Brown on Brown Glitter Cardstock
Rosy Chevron Cardstock (Reversible)
Leafy Green Mini Die Cuts

I encourage you to click on over to The Robin's Nest to check out all the wonderful goodies in stock just waiting to be mail right to you! You are also more than welcome to click over to my blog (Maxx & Boo) to see all the fun things I've been up to!

Thank you once again for taking time to read through my posting and for subscribing to the Chattering Robin's blog! Have a super great day!

Thanks and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...