Monday, August 17, 2015

Little Fairy Wings

Hi again friends! Peggie Sue posting today. I decided to create a card for my daughter. She's been away from home for the summer. So, I've been making al kinds of goodies to mail to her.
 
 
The awesome Robin's Nest products I used are:
Garden Fairies Medium Die Cuts - Gina's Designs
 
I really love this color combination, so let me share how I put this little card together! My card is a standard 4.25" x 5.5" top folding card. I used one of my favorite products, the brown glitter cardstock as the base. I cut a white bottom layer measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhered it to the card front. I used the front and back of the diamonds cardstock to create the front of this card. I cut the largest piece of diamond paper to measure 3.25" x 5.25", this layer as you can see if off set to the left.The little pink and gray polka dot scalloped edge was cut using a hand punch and measures 2" x 5.25" and is glued under the 1st diamond layer.
 
 
I cut two pieces of the decorative cardstock measuring 1" x 1.75" and 1.25" x 2.5" and fussy cut them to create my banners at the top. I used opposite side and overlapped them as I glued them down. I used an bit of the brown glitter paper to create a die cut large scallop circle. I cut a coordinating circle and glued those together overlapping the far left side (I then cut off the excess.)   I added a few dew drops from the "Daughter" dew drop package to the card positioned as shown above.


Now, for the focal element, I picked my favorite fairy from the Garden Fairies die cuts package. I gave her a quick layer of pink paint and once that was dry I added a layer of shimmery glitter glue. Once she was all dry, I used pop dots to add her to the center of the layered circle. On the inside of the card I used the "Life is Good" rub on from the "Viva" rub on set.

Here's another look at the awesome Robin's Nest products I used:
Garden Fairies Medium Die Cuts - Gina's Designs
 
 
I hope you have a magical day! Thanks so very much for taking time out of your busy day to read my little post. I hope you will click on over to The Robin's Nest to gather all your crating needs! You are always welcome to come over to my blog (Maxx & Boo) to see what I've been up to as well. Thanks again!
 
Take and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue

7 comments:

Cindy Brown said...

Wow love it. All details

Colleen said...

Very pretty card.

Tonya said...

Love the fairy and all the little details of your card! Wonderfully done!

Kathleen White said...

A perfect girly card filled with fairy dreams! Love these Robin's Nest papers.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute!!

Betsy Skagen said...

This reminds me of a playing card. It's so fun and eye-catching!

Bev Code said...

perfect colouring for the fairy.. love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...