Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Gone Home

Hello this fine Wednesday morning!

Robin Posting today.

Loss is such a hard thing to scrapbook.
I wondered if I should even print the photos,
but I did.  

I remember years ago when our daughter Naomi passed away,
it took me all morning to go through the photos,
I couldn't even think or function as I was thinking about her
and the reality of her really being gone.

I caught myself after several hours, realizing that I hadn't 
scrapbooked anything, I was just mourning.
Then I gave myself that pep talk, get through this!!
It still took a awhile, but I finally got through scrapbooking 
that event.

Today, more than 15 years later I am glad I did get it finished.
I look through her book from birth to death
and have wonderful memories of her.

This is the funeral of my mother 2 years ago.
I am just scrapping them now, again, by passing them
because it is just easier to not put it on paper.
It is as though it is final, and really it already is.

My mom was a Gardener, so the Ivy CS seems so appropriate for her.



How do you scrap such a solemn occasion?
It is hard, and rips your heart out, but for future generations,
and for those who could not attend,
we need to do these hard things.


Mom went to the cemetery in style riding in this vintage hurst.
I rode in the car behind, so was able to get
these photos of the ride there.
She wanted white, so white casket and white flowers, white hurst.
So fitting for such a beautiful person.

I used:
Ivy CS front and back.
Glitter Pine CS
Yellow Glitter Dot CS
Green Diamond Dew Drops

Through out the leaves I added green diamond dew drops
to add dimension to the leaves. I also made my flowers with layers
of punched flowers crumpled then spread out again.

I guess now it is more final,
the funeral procession is now scrapped.

Love you mom, and miss you so much.

Ciao,

Robin


5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very nice layouts!

Tonya said...

So touching and heartfelt! Beautiful layout!

Betsy Skagen said...

Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt occasion. You offer some important lessons.

Cindy Brown said...

wow wow wow love it I love the green

Bev Code said...

OMG what a touching projects.. it's perfect for those close and dear at heart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...