Friday, August 14, 2015

DIY CORK BOARD !


                                                    DIY CORK BOARD ORGANIZER


 I created this beautiful and shabby chic cork board to help me get organize. I created this board for my work and study space.
As we all know school is now in full swing and life starts to get a little crazy ! =) 



Supply List:  supply list MUST include links directly to the product used on The Robin Nest Website

Diamonds 12 x 12 paper

Glitter Swirl Girl 12 x 12 paper

 Black Glitter on White Cardstock Journal Tags

 Viva la France rub on

I used Fanciful Elements  
Ginasdesigns.net

I used wood buttons from the shape set (hearts and flowers)
Ginasdesigns.net




Step by Step Tutorial  
    1.   Clean all the surfaces of your board. Once all the surfaces are clean and dry put masking tape or painters tape around the edges of your board.




     2.   Spray paint all your edges with your color of choice. I chose a gold metallic color for my board.
Tip : if you are going for a vintage look go for colors in hues of brown, cream, gold, and white.
For a shabby chic look go color with hues of pink, cream, ivory, light blue and green.





 3.- Collect all your flowers, ribbons, and embellishments and start to cluster them around the top left corner of your board. Don’t glue down your cluster until you have what you like. Then glue down your flower cluster with hot glue.
Ttp:  I added glimmer mist to my embellishments’.


  





4.-  Start to cluster  your embellishments around the top left corner of your board. Don’t glue down your cluster until you have what you like. Then glue down your flower cluster with hot glue.   Add a smaller cluster on the opposite bottom corner. Glue your cluster with hot glue. 





   5.   Grab 2 12 x 12 sheets of scrapbooking paper. Place on the cork board corner to corner.


    6.   Next grab journaling tags or atc size tags. Embellish your tags or ATC.  Place them around your cork board. I stick them with tacks and place  them around the board. I added my handmade flowers on top of the tacks.   




7.- Final Project. 











7 comments:

Colleen said...

Nice project.

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

What a pretty project! Such pretty colors...

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute Stephanie!! I love it :)

Tonya said...

Love how you up cycled the cork board and turned it into something stylish and functional. Great job!

Stephanie Govea said...

Thanks Ladies !

Cindy Brown said...

Great Idea. TFS

Bev Code said...

what a great project..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...