Saturday, August 29, 2015

Card Making can be Simple and Fun

Aristocratic Embellishments mix well with Cards too.

Everyday, it seems that I run into a new great person!  I cannot begin to tell you how little I feel when meeting these people.  From the clerk at the checkout counter to the man who delivers my mail to the lady who tried to drive down the road without her keys in the ignition.  I am not making fun of these people, I am grateful for the lessons that they teach me.  I am thankful for the moment in time, when I  was given the opportunity to help them.  Also, I am also glad to know that I am not the only person who has blonde moments.  This is why I like cards.  I can create cards with no purpose in mind.  I can give one of my cards to thank the mailman for bringing me my bills, and my most fave magazines too.  He even helps me learn a new word in a different language each time I see him! I love it!  What a great guy!  I started making these cards with the intention of showing you how to use our wonderful embellishments, and I did just that, but I also want you to know that these are going to great people in my life...  Who knows, you could be next on my list.


Some of my favorite embellishments include our Aristocratic Blues Cards, Metallic Dew Drops, Robin's Nest Paper Clips, Talk Bubbles, and our Glitter Cardstock 8.5"x11" sheets.  Each has a unique attribute that enhances the greatness of wonderfully creative projects.  Today, I am showing you some of the different things to do with these products.  Share what you have made with these wonderful products on our FB page,  we are always watching out for great projects created by you!



When I start to create something, I always pull out things that I want to start with, and I must say that they do not always match like this.  Products here are from our Rosy Collection: Glitter Chipboard Laugh, Rosy Cards, and Glitter Pink on Gold Daisy Cardstock.


Cut the cardstock into an A4 card shape.
Place the "laugh" in the oriented place of your desire.
Glue onto the cardstock.
Trim the ends of the title.
Add Pink Metallic Dew Drops in the corner.
Simple and easy.


This card needs to go to the super cheerful cashier.  I am thankful that she cared to smile when she really didn't have to do anything but take my money.


Side note:
Have you used these cards yet?  They are great for PL, scrapbook layouts, planners, and even cards... The backsides are wonderful too!


The Robin's Nest Paper Clips are also easy to use.  Just clip onto the cardstock.  These are for a birthday card, which I do not plan on putting into an envelope.  The title is our Teal Happy Chipboard.  So adorable.  The cardstock is our Wedding Sayings Cardstock.

I chose not to write birthday on the bottom, the candles say it all.


Here is another example of our Aristocratic Cards.  I want this card to have clean, simple lines.  I love this card, so I am making it the focus.  


This is another card which comes from our Leafy Green Card set.  What do you think of the saying?  Shakespeare is one of my faves, so naturally, I am adding this sweet quote to my card. Cut and paste. Easy peasy.


To finish off this simple card, add heart thought bubbles, and ink the edges of the card.  This gives it an old school look.  I am saving this card for a rainy day, when my other half is having a bad day.  Sometimes he needs a little love too...




Leave a comment at the end of this post and let me know if I have inspired you to make your own cards to make someone happy today. 

See you soon!
Rachel O'Crowley
The Robin's Nest
We Create to Inspire

5 comments:

Daliuska Takken said...

Very nice cards and so easy to make!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Such adorable cards, I love the easy way of adding the cards on top!

Cindy Brown said...

Wow Amazing Project

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Your cards are super fun! Love the clippies so much!

frezja said...

great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...