Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Card for a Friend

Hi there! Dali here...

Today I want to show you a card I made for a friend.


Is very simple, easy to do and very very quick. 

I started with cutting my base (normal white carstock) 10 1/2" x 3 1/2". The size of the card will be 5 1/4" x 3 1/2". 


Then I sort of put it away, and concentrate in what will be my card. 

I cut two pieces of this wonderful Rosy Chevron Card stock, one of 3 1/4" x 5 1/8"


And the other one of 3 1/8" x 4 3/4" and I cut a piece of the chevron design to make it look like a banner, one of the things I love is that this is a doubled sided paper, so I get two different designs with only one page and they match so good, that you really don't need to think that much in combinations. 


Then I cut a piece of Moss Green Glitter Cardstock of 1" x 3 1/8".


I made a half rosseta with ribbon.


I cut half doily 


I made 1 flower using the Rusty Rose Flowers, and I "partially" followed the tutorial of a fellow DT and you can see it here 


I also used a Girl Rub-On


And decided to start putting together my things!!
So I don0t like to work right on my base, I like to work with what would be my first layer of paper and start from there. In this case I add some dimension using some foam adhesive between the layer one and two.


After that I added my smallest piece of card stock like a belt around my card.


Add the Rub-On in the superior right corner.


Add the doily


The rosette


The flower


And add the last details, that were one archival seed in the center of the flower and three dew drops of the Fresh mowed Grass Dew Drops next to the rosette and doily. 


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial of today and give you some inspiration on your own.

If you want to check what I'm up to, you can do it here.

Groetjes!
Dali.














6 comments:

Colleen said...

Pretty card.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great tutorial! I love the card!

Kathleen White said...

Wow! What a beautifully designed card!

Tonya said...

Gorgeous card and great tutorial!

Cindy Brown said...

wow love this TFS your talent again.

Bev Code said...

beautiful..amazing design and details..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...