Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Stars, Sky & Nature: the perfect combination for an adventure.

Hi ladies, how are we doing???

Dali here, this is my first post as DT of the RN, and I'm super excited to be here and try to inspire you with my project. I'll do my best!!!

This Layout was inspired on a trip that we made years ago to Venezuela, my home country. The place in the picture is called La Laja and is in La gran Sabana, a great place full of nature, and with one of the highest waterfalls in the world.



This paper gave me the versatility of using two papers, a different design with a different look and the opportunity of using the paper left in other areas of my layout. 

If you are wondering how I did this Layout just keep reading!!!

I first choose the Star Border Glitter Cardstock


And cut all around the stars I just wanted to create a border around my main page. It will look something like this.


After this was done, I choose my main paper which was, the Red Glitter Stars on Blue Specialty Paper, I love to have two papers with something in common.


Then I added my border to my main paper. And one nice thing I like about this concept in this very layout is that if I want to use this in a shadow box I could add some extra dimension between the main paper and the border and have something a bit more dimensional, anyway I just lay it flat.


Then I added one of the Rub-Ons (Viva) which I believe it was perfect for this project.


I took one of the left pieces of my Star Border Glitter Cardstock and run it through the BS with an stars Embossing Folder, (many many stars I know...)


I added as well some ribbon (Aristocratic Ribbon & Rusty Rose Ribbon) along the page.


Added my picture, one chipboard lasser cut and some RN Paper Clips that went perfect with the combo of my page.


Additional I added some flowers (Blue Flowers & Rusty Rose Flowers), some Dew Drops on top of the flowers to give them some extra accent and some cut outs from my Big Shot using the RN paper (Wedding Cut Outs Carstock)


I hope you liked it, 

Groetjes








12 comments:

Carmen Reyes said...

Bellisimo Dali

Gloria Villafuerte said...

Esta hermoso Dali!! Y muchas felicidades por esta nueva aventura y mucho exito!!

Colleen said...

Great fussy cutting.

Mi Hermoso Mundo said...

Precioso y me encanta el volumen con ese primer paso!
Cynthia Cifuentes

Karolina Herrera said...

Hermoso trabajo! Beautiful job!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Love this! And I love how you put it all together! Fabulous! And cute pic too! Great job Dali!

Tonya said...

Love the color combo! Wonderfully done!

Stephanie Govea said...

very beautiful !!

Lau Ageitos said...

Me encanto! Ese es el salto El ángel? Que ganas de volver a Venezuela!
Exitos Dali!

Lau Ageitos said...

Me encanto! Ese es el salto El ángel? Que ganas de volver a Venezuela!
Exitos Dali!

Cindy Brown said...

wow love it

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

What a brilliant idea cutting the boarder like you did! Love the LO & your flowers too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...