Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Memories in a case

Hi ladies, dali here...

How are we enjoying the holiday season??? 

Mine just start! But before I could leave I made my second project for this post, I guess the tittle says everything.

I made a little suitcase for my last holiday in Venezuela when we went to the Angel Falls. 

The project is simple, easy to do but it cost some time to decorate but is worth it! 

Here the project with the instructions.


For this project I used cereal boxes for creating the structure.

I cut 2 pieces of 7 5/8" x 9 3/4" (front & back)
I cut 4 pieces of 2" x 7 5/8" (upper & lower sides of boxes)
I cut 4 pieces of 2" x 9 3/4" (right & left sides of boxes)
Plus 1 piece of 4 1/16" x 9 3/4".


After this I took one of the pieces of 7 5/8" x 9 3/4" and cut in the inside a rectangle leaving 1 1/2" on each side as frame.


Then I just started constructing the 2 boxes which will make the main suitcase, for putting together each side I used paper hinges of 1" folded at 1/2". 


I added the last piece of cardstock between my boxes and put them together with plastic transparant adhesive.



After this the main structure is ready to decorate, of course you need to think about the little extras you will add later. 


I added a simple closure with two strips of cardstock.


Then decorate inside the box and I added a sort of band to create a box so I could put other items in my suitcase without falling.


I also added two rings of my binding wire in the other side of the box, so I could hold a small mini album.


And it will look like this with the mini album hanging


After I decorate everything I made a mini album with 10 pieces of cardstock the smallest measuring 4" x 6" and the largest 8 1/2" x 6". Each page is 1/2" larger than the one before, to make a sort of waterfall mini album.


And that's pretty much everything! Do you like it???

Here are some more pictures of the project for your inspiration.

Here is the view with the side


Here the top decoration just a simple handle.


My suitcase wide open. One side with the mini album the other side with a box to add the travel panflets, other pictures in booklets, and any other souvenir that I want to add.


This is the mini album hanging. You can decorate font and back and will be able to hold at least 20 pictures, and remember that the part if the back of this mini album is your front part of the box, so you want to add a nice picture in there!!!


This is the other side... To close the box I just added a piece of 3 1/2" x 7 5/8" and glue thrm with paper hinges.


Here the complete project


And some pages of my mini album


My husband, brother & sister in law and me in Salto el Sapo, walking inside the salto (jump in english)


My hubby & I with Salto el Sapo behind


The wonderful Angel Falls


My hubby @ Salto Kama


And we in the Angel Falls after a loooong hike.


Did you like the project??? Let me know in the coments!

Some of the products I used are:

Gina Mini Camera

Groetjes, & until next time!!!
Dali




















18 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh my what an awesome idea. I can think of so many ideas for using this. Great job.

Tonya said...

Love how you took something that would be thrown away and made it into a memorable keepsake. Great job!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love your keepsake box! Great job! Looks like a fun trip too!

dana elorza ramirez said...

q super bello esta

Carol Pérez said...

Great job as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats and thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Kari d Flores said...

I understand little but it is great job tank you for sharing congratuletion

Carmen Quiñónez said...

I love it!!! thanks for sharing... ;)

Lau Ageitos said...

Dali es divino!! Felicitaciones!

susana lujan said...

buenísimo!!!! gracias por compartirlo!!!!

Mi Hermoso Mundo said...

Me fascina y con carton de reciclaje!

Mi Hermoso Mundo said...

Me fascina y con carton de reciclaje!

Mi Hermoso Mundo said...

Me fascina y con carton de reciclaje!

ELIZA MADRIZ said...

Está muy bello este trabajo, felicidades Dali.

Cindy Brown said...

wow I love your Project TFS.

Mariiisol Sanchez said...

Esta precioso el.proyecto Dalí, muchas gracias por compartirlo.
:)

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Amazing project!!

Stephanie Govea said...

cool idea!

Bev Code said...

amazing and so creative.. awesome project

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...