Friday, July 10, 2015

Colonial Michilimackinac






Colleen here with my first post as a DT.  This photo taken at Colonial Michilimackinac when we took the grandkids there.

I used the “Blue Stars on Red” paper  as the background.

The holes in the black cardstock were punched out using an EK Success punch and then the holes were filled in using the Hillside Mini Dew Drops and since I hate to throw anything away the left over black circles were added to the white cardstock.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the hat and the cannon. I made the cannon balls from a small hole punch.

The red and white ribbon along the side just seemed to tie it all together. The blue paper is Blue Awning Glitter but I used the backside of it.

The flowers were made using teal and blue tissue paper and some pattern paper, used Pistachio Archival Seeds for the center of the flowers.  I layered the flowers first and then scrunched them up, once I had them the way I wanted I glued them all down and scrunched one more time.





I used a “Layered Flourish-Chloe” swirl and wanted it to look like smoke swirling so I embossed it with white  pigment ink then added white embossing powder.





Thank you for taking the time to view my layout and I hope you come back soon to see more creations and please take the time to check out all the goodies at the store.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Love the bright colors and design of your layout! Beautifully done!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Beautiful layout!!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very nice! Love your balance and the flowers are wonderful!

Bev Code said...

fabulous.. amazing colours and details.. greats use of florals

Stephanie Govea said...

Beautiful !!!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Wonderful, great embellishments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...