Saturday, July 18, 2015

ATC Triptych





Jess here today with some ATCs for you.

I don't think it is a secret that I adore fairies.  I guess I like the idea that we can all have wings and we never really grow up.  These little guys spoke to me today.  
I started off picking my first sentiment, "use your wings" and built the cards from there.


The background is Rosy Stripe Cardstock on a base of manila paper cut from a file folder for stability. A torn piece of Wedding Cut Out Cardstock lines the side.  The whole card is edged with a light brown ink.  I glued the sentiment in the corner using Beacon Zip Dry.  


The next layer was the honeycomb  from the Saffron Bee Die Cut.  I used a bit of this on each ATC so they would link together.  My fairy prince has a teeny Saffron Honey Cardstock crown.  The fairies are all raised using foam tape.  I like my ATCs to have layers and dimension.  


The laser cut bee from the Saffron Bee Die Cut set was added next.  I didn't alter the bee in any way.  I liked how the raw chipboard looked on the card.  A couple Honey Passion Archival Seeds and Bubble Gum Archival Seeds completed the first card.  


The second card started with a Saffron Honey Cardstock background.  A piece of  Rosy Stripe Cardstock lines the side.  I never toss my scraps.  Scraps make great bits for ATCs.  Next I put the honeycomb from the Saffron Bee Die Cut.  You can see the background is very similar to the first.  I wanted your eye to travel across the cards and it would be easily identified as a set. 


Since this card says "follow your heart" I thought the compasses from the Men's Plaid Compass Cardstock worked well.  I mimicked the archival seeds from the first card, but used Parisian Mini Dew Drops instead.  
Then I got so excited and into creating that I forgot to stop and take pictures of the layers going down on the third card.  Sorry.  I will tell you about each layer.  

The background is Wedding Cut Out Cardstock and the upper lefthand corner is Saffron Honey Cardstock.  I used the last bit of the honeycomb and a smidge of the Rosy Stripe Cardstock.  I inked the edges and flicked a bit of black paint on the card so the white of the Wedding Cut Out Cardstock wasn't so stark.  She got a Butterfly Dew Drop in her hand.  I used the Honey Passion Archival Seeds and Bubble Gum Archival Seeds again.  Since she had the shiny butterfly I didn't want to over do the shine by using dew drops again.   
Here are some close up shots with the good lighting.  My craft light makes my step by step photos look yellow sometimes.




I just love these! A great way to send these out is to take the packaging from your Robin's Nest products and recycle them.  The little bags the archival seeds come in are great for ATCs.
  
Don't forget to pop by my blog and see what else I have been up to. 
 Happy crafting,












6 comments:

frezja said...

oooo, so cool ! I love this girls :)

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Your fairies are adorable! I love the ATCs too! Beautiful job Jess!

Cindy Brown said...

wow love your Atc TFS your beautiful Work.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get you boys & girls to make your fairies. Thanks

Jess M said...

The fairy images are from Lisa's Altered Art on Etsy. She has wonderful images!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

These are so adorable..Thanks for the step by step. I love ATC's and fun to know how others approach the fun. Have a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...