Monday, July 20, 2015

Another Year Older

Hi everyone! Peggie Sue of Maxx & Boo here to share my latest project with you. So, my hubby's approaching a life milestone this month - he turns 50! I decided to make a card for him. This card was super fun and uses a bunch of great Robin's Nest high quality and beautiful papers!
 
 
Here are the links for the wonderful Robin's Nest products I used to create my card:

Brown on Brown Glitter Cardstock
Coffee Creme Classic Glitter Cardstock
Saffron Diamonds Cardstock
Stripe Honeycomb / Fleur Honeycomb Cardstock
Boy Star Glitter Cardstock
Dino Rub On's
Hillside Mini Dew Drops

I cut my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" top fold card base. My 1st layer was the stamped and brick embossed cream cardstock cut to 4 x 5 1/4". I then cut 3/4" strips from the various cardstocks and trimmed them down to 3 1/5 and 3 1/4" lengths. I hand cut the little pennant ends. I decided to break the card fibers down a bit by runner them over my bone folder. Doing this gives the pieces a little less stiff appearance.

 
I glued them the cream cardstock making sure they overlapped and didn't all fall the same place on the card. Once they were secured, I printed my sentiment and layered it onto a scrap of the brown glitter cardstock. I punched a whole and attached the grommet then added a bit of frayed burlap underneath the sentiment. I then used pop dots to add it to the card front. For my final touch I added the mini dew drops on the center of the stamped distressed clocks. On the inside I added the "Dinos Rock" & one of the smaller little dino rub on's - for a fun, little poke.



I hope you will take a moment to hop over to The Robin's Nest to check out the super products I used in making this card (and there's sooo much more to see.) Thank you taking the time to read about my project. I invite you to pop over to my blog, Maxx & Boo, to watch for more Robin's Nest projects in the coming weeks.

Thanks and hugs to you!
Peggie Sue

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Great card

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So cute! I bet he will love it! I love the details :)

Terri Sproul said...

great card...

Tonya said...

Love the layout and color of the card! Awesome job!

Cindy Brown said...

Superbe creation wow.

Kathleen White said...

Awesome job! Love how you combined the papers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...