Thursday, May 21, 2015

UNDER THE SEA

I must apologize for my post going up late...my daughter had her baby two weeks early and threw me off my schedule. But all is well and I'm happy to share this with you now.  -- Ro

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Post!

Since the weather has warmed, my thoughts go to the beach. This absolutely AMAZING cardstock has me dreaming of oceans blue, tropical breezes and umbrella drinks.  So I thought I would make a couple of cards with an ocean theme!


The is the cardstock as a full sheet (who says you can't use beautiful 12x12 paper for cards!):

http://www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/Pink-Glitter-Coral-825552610411.htm
Pink Glitter Coral
Along with the cardstock and a nice assortment of Dew Drops, here are the basic supplies I used to make these two cards:


I started with a white base card at 4" x 6". I added a layer of Pink Coral from the corners of the 12x12 cardstock and used the solid portion (or back side) for the inside of the card. I opted to not use any type of saying or greeting on the card at this point so I can use it for any occasion.


I stamped all my images using a grey ink (although I used black for demonstration purposes so it would show better). By using the grey, I was able to get a better show of color from the inks. After I stamped my images, I used a sponge dauber and some Distress Inks to color in my images.


I then cut out the images and added some Glossy Accents to give them some stability and a gorgeous shine. Be sure to let this stuff dry thoroughly or you will end up with impressions on them from your fingers!


After all my fishes and shells were dry, I added some foam adhesive to the back to pop them off the coral on the cardstock and give the card some dimension.


After the images were in place, I added some random Dew Drops on the card with the shell and seahorses, and as bubbles and gravel on the card with the fish.




I absolutely love how these turned out and can't wait for a special occasion (Best Fishes maybe?) so I can share them with someone.  Here are a few more closeups.







Well, that's it for today!  Head on over to The Robin's Nest Shop and see what amazingly beautiful products they have there. I'm sure you will find something you love!

See you soon!

6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These are cute cards!! And one sheet of Cardstock! Awesome! Your school of fish are wonderful too! Great job Ro! And congrats on the new grand baby!!

Tonya said...

I love both cards!

Danie May said...

Such a fabulously fun and perfect way to use this beautiful paper. Your underwater themed cards are just gorgeous! xx

Colleen said...

Very nice cards.

frezja said...

fantastic yeeeey,

LisaM said...

Love those papers and your cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...