Friday, May 22, 2015

Mixed Media Cigar Box Art

Hi!,
I am excited to show you how I transformed a plain wooden cigar box into a work of art. 
 



Here is what you will need:

 Gina's Designs® 
-Textured sheet called flourish 

 The Robin's Nest® 

DecoArt®
-English red oxide and Carbon black
-Transparent Red Iron Oxide
- Carbon black
- Titanium white
-Matte medium

Other supplies
Aleenes® tacky glue
Unfinished wood cigar box
Various sizes of paint brushes
Baby wipe
Corner punch
 
Trim cardstock to fit cigar box and use a corner punch to round the corners 
   Apply thin coat of matte medium to cigar box then add paper to cigar box   








Glue the texture sheet on top


Cut texture sheet to fit box and paint black.
















Paint on antiquing cream, when dry wipe off edges with a baby wipe. 

Paint chipboard with media paint, let dry














Paint wooden charm, and wooden plaque. Glue charm and dew drops on wooden plaque.

Paint the cigar box edge turquoise. Attach the dew drops to the birds on key and then attach birds to the cigar box. Attach the dream wooden plaque.  


I just loved working with the products from Gina's Designs®. So many cool items in her store to choose from. The pieces really held up well when I added  my mixed media products to them.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shari

I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and an Outside Artist and blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 
 Follow more of my creative life at My Altered Life's blog page and My Altered Life on FB

5 comments:

frezja said...

so pretty :) hugs

Colleen said...

Turned out great.

Tonya said...

Love how you repurposed the cigar box into something useful! Wonderfully done!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great job!! I love your tutorial and the box details!

LisaM said...

Love it, so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...