Friday, May 8, 2015

Birds on a Key Magnetic Memo Board

 Hi!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

As a member of this design team I am privileged to be able to create with products from other companies to use along with our Robin's Nest products. On today's project I am going to use a laser cut chipboard item from Gina's Designs.




 Here is what you will need for this project

Birds on a key wall art from Gina's Designs
Brick Glitter Cardstock
Rosy Chevron Cardstock
Wedding Cut Outs Cardstock
Aleene's ® tacky glue
Distress markers
Distress pad
Wooden buttons
Magnets
E-6000® glue


 Put your chipboard on the Brick glitter cardstock. Trace around the key portion and cut out. Next put it on the wedding cutouts cardstock, trace around the birds, and cut out. Glue the pieces on your chipboard using tacky glue. I cut out 2 large teardrop shapes out of the Rosy chevron cardstock for the wings and glued in place.


 Birds On a Key Wall Art











Next I used distress ink and pens to define the edges of the key, birds, and wings carefully blending inward toward the centers of each piece. Color the legs of the one bird, create a beak and a simple eye.




Next I attached a left over metal plate from a recycling project that I had done. Lucky for me it had a hanging hook on the back already.

 Hint: You can use E-6000 glue to attach a hanging bracket to your piece of metal. If you cannot find any metal for this project at your craft store you can use a piece of wood. They have a special paint that you can spray on items to make them magnetic. You could even use a piece of chipboard and turn it into a magnetic board.




To make the magnets I glued wooden buttons to magnet rounds using E-6000.


To finish, I glued the birds on a key onto my metal piece using the E-6000.



Thank you for stopping by and checking out my tutorial. Wishing all those Moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day.

Happy creating!

Shari

I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 
 Follow more of my creative life at My Altered Life's blog page  
and My Altered Life on FB

4 comments:

frezja said...

cute :) so cute :))

Maxx and Boo said...

Super cute - adore the buttons and birds!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Love it!! Great job!

LisaM said...

Super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...