Friday, May 29, 2015

Bike Tricks

Bike Tricks

Welcome Robin's Nest Fans!
Today I wanted to show a work-in-progress.
I decided I wanted to create a book with the pics from my sons phone.  He takes some pretty fun and unique pics.  I am sure that everyone has someone in their life like him.  I told him to pic 40 photos and send them to me.  I am using an art book, already bound.


Jordan is an outdoors kid.  He loves skateboarding, biking, snowboarding, painting, video taking, picture taking and many other things too numerous to document right now.  He does appreciate the arts, and the uniqueness of the arts, so I am hoping that he will like the "flaws" that I have created for him.


I started by printing the photos he sent me.  These are three I wanted to play with today.


I took the photos and placed it next to many different Robin's Nest products and these are the products that I chose.


The photo is layered with Men's Cardstock, which was torn around the edges, and Wedding Sayings Cardstock.  I used the bottom where the UPC is on the opposite side so I could write something.


Alpha "Tricks" Sticker was placed in the bottom corner, then layered with Robin's Nest Straw to take the shape of an abstract bicycle.  Silver Mini Dew Drops are placed in the metal parts of the bike.  I used The Best Glue Ever to adhere both the Straw and the Dew Drops.


After drawing the spokes with a black fine point marker, I created larger blue spokes with Brilliant Blue Mini Dew Drops.  I just dabbed the glue, then pushed the Dew Drop on top of the glue.


To make the arrow, fold the cardstock in the direction of the arrow, then tear to create a grungy arrow.  Waffle the end so that there is more of a 3D effect.


Make sure to journal.  I tried to keep this simple.  I am leaving the back side of the page blank so that Jordan can write in his own memories.


I added a Gecko Clippie to the side.  These are cool because they just side onto the photo.


Here is the final abstract bicycle.


The top of the page is tied with a piece of twine to give the page more of a masculine look.


And a close up of the dimensions of the opposite side of the page.


Hopefully I have inspired you to create a book for your "young adult". 
{that's what he wants to be...}

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!
Rachel O'Crowley
The Robin's Nest
We Create to Inspire


6 comments:

Colleen said...

I love this and you have some very creative idea.

Tonya said...

Love the idea of using photos from your phone to create a mini album. Love the fun designs of your page! Great job!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Oh wow! What a great idea! I really love your LO and of course the products you chose! I hope you will post more photos as the album grows!

LisaM said...

Love the wheels and that grungy arrow! Cool page!

Robin O'Crowley said...

I like it!

Richerd Henry said...

Wonderful! All the photos are very nice. Good decision to create a art book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...